Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Mailbag

Adam Garthwaite sent word that he needs help with his TeamFortress Classic Doom project, which is indeed an attempt to bring this classic mod to the Doom engine. Obviously he needs a coder first...

Urhash sent word a while ago that he will attempt to create a new level editor with the classic layout of Edmap. Give it a look!

Sgt Crispy has fixed the links to his screenshots and download link for his latest CTF level. You can find those at his site.

Guest Daggah

Hey, UrHaSh, if you can make it without bugs...well, you've got your support from me! I love Edmap. :)

Guest UrHaSh

Sup man? I thought you quit doom [editing]? :) Dan

Guest Daggah

No, I quit the community due to a lack of time, but I still play around a bit with DOOM (not much, though).

Guest Anonymous User

I've always loved edmap's interface and usability, but those !@#$% bugs kept corrupting every map I began working on. The end result? I never became a mapper. =X But if he can pull this off, it might motivate me to give mapping one more try...

Guest mystican

edmap rulez
urhash rulez

:)

Guest Daggah

You eventually learn to work around those bugs...I did. :) Oh, and save frequently. Also, if I recall correctly, 1.40 is the most stable, as long as you dumb the bsp builder that they give you and find a decent idbsp hack. (so as to not get adjacent identical sectors merged...that's annoying!)

Guest Levendis

I just wonder why this guy is starting with TFC instead of Quake TF. I usually play TFQ, but I got a chance to TFC the other day. It sucked! :)
HWguys running faster than soldiers...headshots with snipers not killing people...just overall crap :)

Guest Anonymous User

actually the hws still go slower than the soldiers. i think tfc is better than qtf but i still like the intro on qtf :]

Guest Daggah

Also, the guy doing it better change the name of the mod and the name of the classes...Team Fortress is now owned by Valve; that's a possible copywrite violation.

Guest Anonymous User

Not the first.. check out ground zero at http://www.doomnation.com/tf/ somewhere about there. There is a bug/cheat I've seen (no idea how to do it though) that makes the hwguy really fast... and proper head-shots DO kill. And TFC owns, why don't you play me <font color="#ff0000">:</font>)

Guest Anonymous User

The page is currently down until the release of another version and the original beta version actually predates the Quake TF even though it was released after. GZ has several of the classes TF has and a couple other classes as well as Command & Conquer style base defenses that only attack intruders and some other stuff like full scale nuclear strikes. Some advice to the TFCD guy: Use textures that tile correctly and change your default lower texture to something other than sfall1 before putting anything on the net. Dagger, quit talking about quitting all the time. You never really quit.

While the idea of a Doom TF certainly seems interesting, I must point out that you cannot use that name. Team Fortress and all it's related elements are trademarks of Valve Software. So you're going to have to find another name for your mod.. once you do, feel free to e-mail me since I can update PlanetFortress with the appropriate news (sailorscout@planetfortress.com).<BR><BR>Interestingly, this whole thing has come full circle, since TF was inspired by a Doom map called fortress.wad (the one on D!Zone and cdrom.com aren't the right files..). :)

Guest Daggah

*cough* Sailorscout *cough* =)

Guest Anonymous User

Hey, there's NOTHING happening in TF lately, and I like Doom.... so it'd give me something to update about. :P

Erm Sailor do you have this fortress.wad? I'd pay good money for it... Btw the first post mentioning GZ was me.