Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New Iikka Level (?!?)

That's right, famed mapper Iikka Keranen has released a new Doom 2 deathmatch map. No, I don't know why either. It's called IKBROWNY, and it's available here. The sad thing is that Iikka hasn't made a Doom map in god knows how many years and it's still better than 99% of the stuff out there...

Guest df

I can't seem to download that file...anyone else too?

Guest Anonymous User

You can try to get it here</p>

I don't think I've seen a better doom dm map... It doesn't lose much in 3d-ness compared to the q3 version, infact in GL it looks almost equally as good (even lighting is pretty damn stunning). Beautiful detailing & texturing without going into "extreme detail" (tm), I am in awe.

Now lets hope it plays well :P

--Aardappel

Guest Xenocide

Iikka is the friggin king!!

Guest cocoon

Now that was indeed a very good map. :)

DM is boring?
That's the only time in doom when you're equally matched, against someone who thinks, has strategies, and doesn't walk around in the line of fire.
Single player and DM have entirely different gameplays, but I wouldn't call either boring (depending on maps)

Guest Anonymous User

Here's a direct cdrom.com download addy if fileplanet is down: ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/planetquake/ikq/ikbrowny.zip IK

This rocks. The comment about the lack of quality releases by linguica is true. Iikka, what do you think of recent releases like the darkening episode2 (http://www.doomworld.com/darkening)? anthony soto

Guest Anonymous User

Damn Ikka Kicks it.

Guest Daggah

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. This is a good way to be proven wrong. :)

Hey, I downloaded this level last night and looked at it in single-player mode.. WOOooaahh!! This is what levels should look like!! :-b

Yeah David he screwed us over in the 'last ever Iikka Doom map' advertisement for SLDM. But oh well, it's a new map! I hear Ancient Brownies for Wolf3d is next. ;)

Guest Anonymous User

This guy cant make levels, it truly sucked in death match.

Guest Daggah

Let's see what levels you've made? Eh?

HAHAHAHAH Sorry have to calm myself down here.... Anon user oh wise coward with the opinion. Have you played anything of Iikka's? Thief2? His Q3A, Q2, or great IKSPQ1 series? Requiem? AddictiveDM? Dystopia3? Now tell everyone that Fingers can't make levels. This is one of the best Doom levels ever. Period.

No matter how good a level is, there's always at least one geezer out there that doesn't like it.

Actually, he said "It sucked in deathmatch ", not "It looked crappy."

Dunno how good it is in DM but it certainly looks quite awesome. Of course so did AddictivDM and those have become infamous for having shitty gameplay.

I have played this level in a real deathmatch. The gameplay does NOT suck. Not even a little bit. The fact that it actually does play well is the real reason I like it so much. Is it perfect? I wouldn't go that far, but I'm telling you, this level kicks, and not just in the looks department.

Guest Anonymous User

thanks Lut. Its looks awesome. I must atmit. But in Deathmatch. ITS booring. No offence man

Guest Anonymous User

What i REALLY meen is, that this guy should stick to co-op levels. Because very few knows how to make GOOD dmatch levels. SERIOUS. And i will say again. IT WAS BEUTYFULL.

While some of Iikka's stuff in the past may have, in my opinion, been somewhat over-rated, that's not the case here. I agree with Linguica on AddictivDM, but this level isn't like that at all. The more I play this level the less impressed I am with it's looks truth be known. I'm over the "wow" factor, and I'm really getting into the great gameplay.

I will agree AddictiveDM isn't very good for inexperienced players but I find those who can handle the mouse well can play the set fine. Iikka will make the maps that he think's are fun for him, not for the public to demand he throw out the level they want. You want a certain type of level? Coop? Then make it yourself. Get off your lazy bitchin' complaining ass and make it. The layout of this map is great, and someone should learn how to spell beautiful.