Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

SMMU Progress

The SMMU site has updated with a pretty long list of things that have recently been implemented. Most new features have something to do with client/server networking... for instance, joining a SMMU server 'waiting room' during a game and speed optimisations such as compressed player packets. Movement prediction is still on the to-do list, but so far things seem to be looking good.

Guest mystican

smmu rools

yea boyyyyyy

Guest Anonymous User

I'm wondering about the utility of compressing the packets...I remember playing on DWANGO and various SerDOOM BBSs in my area back in the day, and the best way to ensure a laggy game was to connect with data compression on. Maybe modems have gotten better since then, but I doubt it...they're all winmodems now. If your computer slows down for any reason you're going to drop packets like a sonofabitch.

Guest Nookiez

SMMU rulez j00r-ass.. But tweak the sound-detection. And complete the MBF compatibility.

I tried many of MBF dehacked patches on SMMU to find they didn't work.

Guest Anonymous User

aha .. that means it *was* 100% mbf compatible .. until he broke it :)

yeah i found the problem and fixed it although it would have been nice if you guys had actually LET ME KNOW that there was a problem with compatibility. In fact the problem seems to be down more to certain dehacked patches being written badly rather than my own coding mistakes. But its fixed now, anyway.