Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Doom Legacy

The Doom Legacy site has been updated... in french. Guess now would be a good time to be an utter bastard and laugh at everyone out there who hasn't bothered to learn a language other than english, but... :) Since the latest code hasn't yet been tested it was decided to postpone releasing a final version and to do another beta version first... this way lots of users will be able to point out the remaining bugs. Like announced on the StroggOnMeth site a while ago, this new beta has the following new features:

• Support for TeamTNT's Boom port.
  • More realistic coronas and better decals.
  • Much improved dynamic and static lighting.
  • The usual bug fixes...
You can get binaries and source of Doom Legacy v1.29 pre-release 7 from our source port section in DOS, Win32 and Linux flavors.

Guest Anonymous User

Here is what it says in english. (I love the altavista babble fish! It translates almost anything!) Some French words... I saw that there are people who do not understand that a site can comprise orthography and grammatical mistakes. However English not being our mother tongue, those is unfortunately inevitable. This is why, I said myself that to avoid them to the maximum, it was quite simply necessary to write in French rather than in English... Thing made here: -) DooM Legacy 1.29 pre-release 7 is now available in version Dos, Windows and Linux. This (the fact of being able to leave the 3 versions at the same time) became possible thanks to the assistance which we had of other people during this last month. A large whole mercy with them, it acts quite simply of the members of the project on SourceForge.net. As you will notice it, it is not the awaited final version. Indeed, the code is not yet rather ripe (not tested enough) and the last modifications of Boris are not yet available: ( Nevertheless, this versionapportant so much of change compared to the preceding pre-release, I considered to be useful that it is largely tested by the users of DooM Legacy. One will find parmis the innovations: - Addition of the support of the maps for Boom - Management of the crowns much more realistic - Support improved network - A whole series of bugs fixed - the Linux version is largely improved - dynamic lighting and especially statics are largely optimized. - Better management of the damage on the walls. You can download them directly from here: Back Windows Linux (glibc) Source code : legacy_129_pr7_dos.zip : legacy_129_pr7_win32.zip : legacy_129_pr7_linux.tar.gz : legacy_src_129_pr7.zip Go, not of panic! The fact of speaking in French is only one large joke... Tomorrow I make about the same English news; -) So long! Thierry aka Hurdler

You can make some really kick ass messes with the decals. For shits and giggles, I made a big box room and filled it with imps and zombies. Then I fired BFG blasts and rockets into their midst.

It was horrible!

Doom Legacy finally has boom support?
Well, that took a while.

Guest Anonymous User

Because everything else is big saggy pants.

Hey that's absolutely NICE ! But what's about the "-save" command-line-parameter ? I miss that bad. Hope that will be added soon !

Guest Anonymous User

That mean they fix those same bugs everytime they release? :)

<font size="-4">I know, that's lame.</font>

Guest Anonymous User

Does everyone like te new corona texture? I hope so, because I'm the one who made it at sent it in. :) Frogacuda frogacuda@hotmail.com