Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

The Millennium Nears

As the Doom Millennium homepage says, "Looks like the Millennium will soon be upon us." Of course, this will be in the form of a 26-level Build 1. Once that's out, the Millennium team will focus on finishing up the megawad, polishing, and refining -- a process which could take a few months.

Guest Pirx

so are we gonna play a beta until the 32 level wad is ready? something like darkening. well... they should have dropped those stupid weapons (aka ruby gun and what else) and made a few levels instead.

No it's not a beta, sorry I don't think I made that clear. Everything in it is tested and complete. The 4 maps that weren't tested and aren't complete are not going in. That's it. What I meant about the additional eye candy was just that I wanted to add some extra stuff like lights or windows to other levels that weren't mine but I am not going to get around to it. Weapons have been done for a looong time. The graphics artist and programmer don't make levels in the first place so ditching them wouldn't have gotten any more maps.

They kick arse over any new weapons in any other TC I have ever played. You'll see.

Guest Daggah

If you're on the Daikatana team, refining could take...well...three years or so. :) But anyway, I don't really care about this. Not a flame, just a fact.

Guest Qayin

Is there anyone else, like me, who would rather wait for the full version in a couple of months instead of multiple releases? In fact, they have 8 months before the new millenium so they are still in time. What do you think?

Guest Anonymous User

Apologies, goto www.getoutthere.bt.com and download the New Creep Soundtrack version from DooM Millennum Now. There was a delay in the appearance on the site due to the Easter Bank holiday. Download and spread the word, the more downloads the better, Even 150 Downloads from the site could make this Doom song number ONE! Just goto the link and search for "CreeP" under the Music Zone. Many Thanks!

Guest Caleb

i dont know about you guys, but i kinda wish that the announcement of an upcoming mega-wad, TC, PC, or whatever would never see the light of day until that mega-wad, TC, PC, or whatever is actually released. blind anticipation, IMO, is alot more effective. but im sure doom millenium will be all dat:-) i hope....

The game is complete. This is a full version. It is not 32 levels, but nothing is missing; they all fit together perfectly and there is no disturbance in game flow or storyline. 26 instead of 32 levels is still a finished product. This whole build 2 idea is just a spare-time thing, who knows what'll happen with it. It's just that I am sick of working on such huge levels, and so is most everybody else on the team. Basically we are releasing this finished product before we take our few months off because we know how pissed people would be if we called off work for a few months without releasing anything. So there :P

Guest Pudge

Kinda Like Eternal Doom, you know, the thing by TeamTNT. They had the first release, about 12 levels, then the second release, about 26, and finally, the third one, which was the full 32, but each one made its own game, nothing was really missing. As for this TC, I can't wait.

Not so much, as the first 12 levels of Eternal Doom were made by Team Eternal, a Compuserve group of Doomers, and was released with no intention of a sequel. But (I think) then TeamTNT decided they'd like to finish it out and made levels 13-32.