Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DoomServ 2000

Well, their product might still be called DoomServ, but it's moved to a new home at http://www.doomserv2000.com. So, what's new with DoomServ? Work on version 4.0 continues, they're looking for a web page designer (to overhaul the site, I would imagine), and they currently have a contest running to design an official T-shirt for DoomServ.

Guest Anonymous User

Doomserv 4.0 is going to kick ass, I just hope it doesnt get abandoned after csdoom comes out. Csdoom is such a bad idea!!!

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah, I was just thinking that having a client-server network model for doom would suck. I mean, who wants low ping times and large games anyway? Back in my day, we all shared a gigantic 5 second ping in a 4-way doomserv game, and that was the way things were and we liked it!

Guest cocoon

Hehehe you sound exactly like Cranky Kong from the Donkey Kong Country game.. My first network games in doom2, were on my schools network of course and with minimized screens with low detail at times. An we sure liked it (true story)!

Why the hell is this thing shareware? I mean hardly anyone plays doom nowadays as it is. How much money is the guy actually likely to make out of selling doomserv? Come on, just GPL it and release the source and stop faffing about trying to make money out of it. More to the point, what is he actually going to do to anyone who writes a "third-party client"?

Then maybe somebody can write a client that I can actually use. Not that poorly-designed VB crap.

Guest Anonymous User

What are you talking about fraggle? You ask why it is sharware then you say "How much money is the guy actually likely to make out of selling doomserv?" Doomserv is free and no one is trying to make mony off of it.