Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

That's Wild, Man

Rick Clark updated his maps page with word that he has shelved his MB1 level for now. Instead, he's keeping himself busy with his pet tactical game and perhaps converting Justin Fisher's "Alien Doom" TC to ZDoom. He's also looking for a TCount-like program for ZDoom, to work out difficulty settings.

That would be cool if ZDoom worked with "AL|ENS-TOTAL CONVERSION". I tried playing AL|ENS with it some time ago and whenever the breakable alien growths were destroyed, the game would crash.

Did you try importing the Dehacked file as a lump into a WAD, and then loading it up with ZDoom? Supposedly, it should work that way...

No I loaded up the required PWADs using the " -file" option and loaded the separate DEH using the " -deh" option. It mostly works but there were many differences between regular AL|ENS Doom and running it with ZDoom. WolfenDOOM missions also have various errors when using ZDoom since the DEH support is spotty.

Guest Captain Napalm

It doesn´t work because it is an old dehacked patch, try loading it into a new version of dehacked and then saving it into a seperate file. It should work with Zdoom except for the Alien growth crash bug thing. Aliens Doom is probaly the best Tc to date...So much atmosphere. :)

There are errors with using Dehacked files in Boom sometimes as well. I think this is because of the difficulty in properly supporting all the different versions of Dehacked. I find it does work most of the time though in Boom and ZDoom as well.

Guest Anonymous User

you could probably mail randy about it, since its probably a zdoom error having something to do with useing DEH's. He could have it worked out in the next version(if there will be another one)

Randy knows that ZDoom has poor DEH support and he's stated before that it has very low priority in his list of things to do. I'm very doubtful he will ever put in proper support for DEH since DoomScript is supposed to superior to it (and will be coming out soon).

Guest Aftershock

This is a specific Zdoom problem where zdoom crashes whenever a game object dies and has no specified dying sound (such as the aforementioned alien growths.) If I remember correctly, Randy said that he had fixed this error in one of the newer versions or betas. --AFTERSHOCK

Maybe Doomscript will be superior, but will it be as easy to use? If it's some kind of programming language, then that's pretty dumb.. :[