Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DoomServ Security Hole

Coding wiz aurikan has posted a message to the Doomworld forums regarding a hole in the DoomServ program which allows people to execute any command they like on the computer of anyone running DoomServ. Kind of a big problem, and you probably shouldn't use DoomServ until they fix it...

Guest Xenocide

aurikan you cocksucker

Guest Anonymous User

Why cant you people just leave doomserv alone? You hate it anyway. Its just a somewhat simple front end where the RESPECTABLE members of the doom community can play without piss ants like aurikan telling people how to ruin everyones time. You all just sit in doomroom, you dont play doom, you discorage people making the best projects (Covert Ops), you boot and make fun of new people in doomroom. I guess now that you have royaly screwed doomserv the hackers can start on your POS jirc doomroom. You killed our place to play you dumb fuck. Btw I was watching you messing with stuff on doomserv yesterday, I wonder if TGO can press charges for that. I sure everyone here would like to see aurikan sucking a big black dick in prison. God damnit aurikan why would you do that??? If i knew where you lived i would kick your fucking ass and stab you in the neck with a pencil!!!

Guest Anonymous User

That "Anonymous User" is me BTW

Guest Anonymous User

For some reason doomworld is not posting my name. Its Toke

Guest Aftershock

I figured that post was probably yours. Do me a favor and put down the bong long enough to listen for a minute. You don't have to agree with Aurikan's methods. I haven't decided whether I agree with them or not myself. But the simple fact remains that doomserv is seriously flawed and using it is (was) a security risk for everyone involved. I think that is what you are most angry about. It pisses you off that Aurikan was right. But get this through your skull: Aurikan didn't create the security flaw, and from what I can tell, he didn't really exploit it either. He simply proved that it was there. And I know for a fact that he wasn't the only one, and that he tried to tell people who didn't know what they were doing to not try because they would mess things up in the service. So take your profanity and your abuse and your !!!!! and your ????? and just chill. TGO said that he is already working on a new version, hopefully this one can withstand a security test, so everyone can play, and have their systems safe. ---AFTERSHOCK

He revealed a serious bug which was exposing all your computers to serious danger; he tried to contact TGO privately but the email bounced. Perhaps you would prefer to carry on in blissful ignorance until someone really malicious wiped your computer or something, but clearly others do not, judging by other posts. As to doomroom, there are plenty of Doom players there. They don't talk Doom all the time. If you don't like it, don't go there, but don't blanket insult everyone who does.

Guest Anonymous User

Im not disagreeing with his methods, im disagreeing with his making it so that people cant use doomserv anymore. People have been useing doomserv for a long time without any problems but now about one month before a new one comes out he does this like its a NEW problem or some shit

Guest Aftershock

You mean it's not a new problem. Then did you already know about it and you're just mad that someone let the cat out of the bag? Probably not, but that's the way that comment sounds. One last time: Aurikan did NOT make it so that no one could use doomserv. TGO took it offline because dangerous flaws were in his code. If the code had been written safely, Aurikan could have done little to it. That's the whole point. Doomserv didn't start becoming dangerous with Aurikan's report. It always has been dangerous. ---AFTERSHOCK

Guest Anonymous User

the last two days, doomserv donĀ“t runs,it puts the message runtime erro 10049....is an error of my computer or of the server....

Guest Anonymous User

Bah you people are stupid, TGO didnt find anything but couldnt deny the fact there was a flaw. Aurikan was WRONG for posting how to "hack" someone through it. It was just WRONG. Thats not how things are supposed to handle. If he really cared, he would made sure to contact TGO seeing how TGO HAS ICQ. I know how some of you doomworld people think of players on DS. You think just because they aren't playing normal dos doom that we have something wrong with us. I've been to your #doomroom and you seriously have attitudes when you shouldn't. You want doom to die? I would think any online doom matchmaking service would be appeacitated, but ok, be assholes.