Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Zombie Doom Beta Released

Remember Zombie Doom? One of the original victims to hard drive failure? Well, mewse has dug up a really old beta version of it and posted it. I tried it out with ZDoom, and it was quite a bit of fun... powerful weapons, lots of explosions, a flamethrower with enemies that catch on fire, blood splattering on walls, and progressively dismantled enemies (shooting zombies first blows off one arm, then the other, then tears them in half; sometimes their head will explode). Sucks that this thing never came to fruition.

Guest cocoon

I must say that those running chainsaws are hilarious!!

Guest Anonymous User

this was indeed way cool :O), but... how is it supposed to be like? In zdoom, weapon 5 and 7 are almoust identical (some differenses in weapon graphics), however when fired, a health portion is thrown, and upon impact a lot of explosions are spawned, and then i mean alot (after a while computer goes sloooow :o). In legacy however weapon 5 is something like the standard rocket launcher (althopugh it says i've got the molotov coctails....) , but weapon 7 upon fire, the player lieves a barrel (!), when the barrel is shot, "warning... warning" is heard, then a kick-ass cool explosion takes place. Is anyone of the above ports doing the wad any justice`? :o) would be nice to know... hehe

Woah I had been searching for this wad for awhile now... I know the link to this wad was posted on DW and DN awhile back but /zombie was deleted as you know. Who deleted that? I noticed pixel and resde's old site /cod still exists... anyway, I'm downloading the mini-tc now... I had the old gray-red only palette LordLucan but unfortunately it was deleted from my old 486. :/ Doom was kinda cool with that look.

afterglow are you on crack? for the best results with zombie doom, use boom or mbf. The whole thing was going to be mbf only and those two ports still have the best dehacked support. SMMU will also work and you can get swirlie water!

I used ZDoom and it worked fine... plus, luckily enough, the blood splattered on the walls was translucent, which looks even cooler :) Maybe someone should take this thing and finish it. I know I'd like to see it get done.

Guest Anonymous User

Linguica: Did you really get to try the replaced rocket launcher?, zdoom 1.22 slows down to a complete halt whenever it explodes.... And is weapon 5 and 7 supposed to be anything like zdooms, or legacys? (I'm heading of trying it with smmu, mbf and boom now :o) Anyways, this wad really rox, someone really ought to finish it.

'doom noir' patch (BW+Red) at my site http://www.yee-haw.co.uk/dntemp/ files section- and yeah the old demo was posted on doomworld a while ago, did nobody else but me play it then? :)

All the weapons work just fine for me... the replaced RL works and makes a big explosion, and the replaced BFG makes a freaking gigantic explosion whenever you fire it with lots of enemies around :)

Guest Anonymous User

I cannot believe you fucking Doom2 techno freaks. First you do these map tricks like room over room when that has already been established in Quake, secondly you fucking make these gay add-ons like batman and zombie doom?? WTF?? KEEP THE HISTORY OF DOOM and DOOM2 HISTORICAL. WTF is ZDOOM????? YOU ALL RUIN DOOM I SWEAR!!! IF you want special stuff in doom2, um.. dont waste your time, its already been done in half life and quake2 you morons. Is this what you do all day?

Guest giltygear

anonymous user: i challenge you to a DooM Legacy DM with cajun bot on HIPAFRAG.WAD. now, zombie doom is pretty cool. its like playing Resident Evil with the colt python and having every shot on a zombie be a head shot. classic.

Guest Anonymous User

I liked it so much i made my own dehacked file. It's fucking huge, but has no grahpics to accompian it. Shame. Still, may we all join in arms and beat the shit out of the second anom user. Well, theoretically anyway, as in practice, that would be a little hard, as we don't actually know who he is...

Guest Anonymous User

Downloaded zombeta.zip; it's password protected. How to unzip??

Guest Anonymous User

Here is a kick ass idea. Why not build Zombie DooM using the Edge port? All kinds of things can be done with Zombie DooM and Edge. Just a thought. :-) Sincerely, Lt. Flyn Taggart

Guest Anonymous User

Well, first of all Zombie Doom rocks. Anyone got a big mansion level or something? I'd love to try it out. Oh and the password is on the download site. And to that dumb-ass historic or whatever anonymous from before. Read my lips: F U C K O F F !

Guest Qayin

What's the correct adress to mewse's page? I get a "page not found" message. Thanks

I'm thinking that this old beta has so much potential that someone ought to pick up where they left off and finish this thing up.

Guest Anonymous User

Source for what? There's a WAD and a DEH... personally from playing, there's some quite cool stuff in the DEH but some stuff I could make better, or new cool stuff I could add to it :)

Guest David_A

I can't seem to download it. Damn Xoom gives me a 404 on all the files.

Jon: I too had downloaded it on my new computer... just got lost along the way and I couldn't find it again. Seems someone was thinking along the lines that I thought a month ago... Zombie Doom w/ EDGE. I was testing out 3d floor stuff and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure the original story line of Zombie Doom was enter the castle and save the princess.... I would think I could do like 4-6 levels with a storyline and whatever.. convert it all to DDF and stuff. Just need the damn EDGE editing docs.

Screw EDGE, just make some Gothic-themed levels for it, and let me work some Dehax0ring magic :) God knows there are enough Gothic-themed DM levels already...

I just updated the page with all the emails I received from lordlucan over the duration of my involvement with the project. I also added a hugeass screenshot section just to piss off you modem users.. sorry.

Guest Sir Robin

...who posted a flame:<P> Why are you here? Do you have anything worth living for? (I guess not...)<P>

Guest Anonymous User

"Screw EDGE, just make some Gothic-themed levels for it, and let me work some Dehax0ring magic" Geez Ling, no quarter _ever_ given to DosDoom or EDGE. What's up w/ you, have you some kind of vendetta? I cannot understand why you bag on it incessantly & unforgivingly. To discourage the innovation of DDF is more in line w/ the "anonomous user" troll in this thread than w/ someone who is supposed to support the community. I think such poison is better left unvoiced, especially by the likes of you. Our herd is small enough w/out us eating our own young. Shame on you. -Capt.

Guest Qayin

I once asked it quietly without answer. Let's do it the hard way. WHAT'S THE LINK TO THE ZOMBIE DOOM BETA, I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE... T-H-A-N-K-S

Mellow:

* If it's Dehacked-only then it can be used by regular Doom, Boom, MBF, SMMU, ZDoom, PRBoom, Doom Legacy, etc etc...
* EDGE simply does not work correctly on my computer so I have no reason to promote it.

ok guys i've found out a couple things (if anyone's looking at this thread anymore) uhh DONT USE ZOMBIE.DEH just use update.deh because if you use them both, things mess up. Also.. the zombie doom page is at: http://members.xoom.com/d0rky and the files should be off that eg http://members.xoom.com/d0rky/zombeta.zip ok i'm going now bye