Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New SpiceZDoom

There's a few new versions of SpiceZDoom out, which adds some extra stuff to the monster mod. What's new? Well, the view height now depends on the height of the monster, the arachnotron and lost soul have been added, mancubi now shoot dual fireballs, and the revenant rockets will now home on targets. If this all sounds old hat to you, try it out and see how cool it is.

Guest Cyberdud15

But Spiceone got to do something for those Crashes...its annoying sometime oh and maybe...he could make it as the Other monsters dont attack you when your a Monster...it could make cool death matchs

Guest Anonymous User

WTF? Old hat? How could it sound old hat? This is just... well...

Guest Anonymous User

This programm would really make for cool Team Deathmatch games...you know stuff like 3 Imps and a Mancubus fight against an archnatron, a hell knight and 2 demons...that would be so cool!

Guest IcarusWing

Can I please place myself as Spice ZDooM's number one fan (in a non-Misery-styley). This port is the most exciting thing to happen to DooM in ages. Oh, and to the anonymous user who posted the Old hat? message - Linguica was joking. Hence him calling it "cool" afterwards.

Guest Anonymous User

The only thing that needs to change is the monster speed. We can't have Cyberdemons running around at 300mph (Player speed). Can we say "imbalance"? Heheh this is without a doubt my most favorite mod. Now that bot support is coming it's only gonna get better. Actually, this could be easily suited to Team Fortress play... maybe I'll email SpiceOne about implementing TeamFortress... =P

I think Linguica was referring to how someone might read this and think that it's dumb because doom2 already had homing revenant rockets and dual mancubus fireballs. That's why the last sentence says "try it out and see how cool it is." <P>By the way, I always play as the caco. It's by far the most fun. <P>Oh, and the Cyberdemon needs to make the hoof noises.

Another thing that should be addressed is monster attack immunity. I changed to an imp, and my fireballs couldn't hurt the imps in single player, but theirs could hurt mine.

I always thought the cyberdemon missiles should be able to damage other cybers, because the Marine fires the same rockets from the rocket launcher. I haven't tried to kill another cyberdemon as the cyberdemon, but if the missiles do damage, keep it that way. :)

Also, I'm glad you fixed the monster view height. It was weird to turn into a cyberdemon and still have the same view.

Nice mod, keep it up. :)