Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Half Bakered

NIGHTMARE's Haunt has been redesigned with a new and... minimal look. What else? Well, Nick Baker's also posted a new version of the Execution texture WAD, written a little article about "Doom Projects: Past, Present, and Future," and finally done two little previews for his projects, Paradox and Wrath.

Guest Risen

Minimal is the word, but I know people who could learn a lot from this site design...<P>He's got a good point, there should be some mod central for Doom somewhere. There have been a few starts and promises, but nothing big has really been done. Doomsphere and Doomworld's Mod expo to name a few. Maybe those involved in creating them can link up and do it for real this time? I'd like to see it.

I'm hopefully going to be learning HTML next year as part of my degree, so look for a rather more flash looking site then :)

Guest cocoon

I really like the idea of something like a resurrected (goddamit now I lost the name. Mordeth updated the site. It was about hiring ppl for projects or letting moderators know that you existed as an editor. I know tons of you remember this) FANCYPANTS!! Whoo I remembered, but here you would list all current projects under productions (and maybe ones that never made it for historical values) Great idea, Nick, I hope you take care of it ;)

Fancy Pants eh... yeah I remember that. I remember how no one ever sent anything to Mordeth and no one ever seriously used it so he shut it down. Whee.

FancyPants may return, although in a different format. The old tactic of letting designers / moderators sent in word about their own projects did not work... most people (except for two or three designers) forgot all about their entry the minute after submitting it.

If I ever resurrect this, it'll probably be something like Nick Baker suggested: a list of current / upcoming projects, with some short descriptions and not a 'billboard' for moderators.

Guest Nowotny

I like a page that loads fast! I hate pages that have a lotta eye candy & it takes over a minute to download the home page. You page cuts through the mustard and gets right to the point. (A novel idea now a days.) Good work! LET'S GO FLYERS!!!! Beat them Devils!

Guest Risen

True. This page is designed with the 14.4 modem in mind. :) I've tried to do the same with my page. Even though it looks graphic it doesn't take long to load because your browser is doubling the size of the images in the sidebar, and tripling them for most of the headlines. Graphics are fun, but load times are more important.

The new design was actually inspired by the "netware" section of PC Gamer UK, which is very simplistic but eye-catching and easy to read at the same time.

Guest Anonymous User

I'm quite amazed Nick managed to find the Hellcore TC page... I do not know of any links to it, even though i'm the author.. As for the project.. yeah it's on hold indefinately.. that project was 3 years of sweat, crying shame.. especially since 90% of it was done.

Guest Anonymous User

I'm quite amazed Nick managed to find the Hellcore TC page... I do not know of any links to it, even though i'm the author.. As for the project.. yeah it's on hold indefinately.. that project was 3 years of sweat, crying shame.. especially since 90% of it was done.

I have a text file that contains links to just about every Doom TC homepage that have been around since I first got on the 'net in mid '96. A fair few of them are broken now of course :)

Guest Risen

I think I saw that text a long time ago... It would be nice to post it somewhere... and hey, I'd like an updated copy myself.