Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

csDoom Released

csDoom 0.4 beta has been released! Based off the ZDoom sources, according to the homepage, csDoom brings open-ended internet play to Doom. There are currently Win32, Linux, and FreeBSD versions available for download, and while the source code for the client isn't released yet due to the possibility of hax0ring, you can download the server source code for Linux/FreeBSD as well. If you want to try it out I have a server running at 169.232.96.173... too bad I can't join as doomcl.exe crashes on me. Oh well.

Guest Xenocide

AGH LING!!! You rule! Now after I'm done downloading that server better still be up ;)

Guest Anonymous User

You suck, Xenocide... Noop-Nai Noop-Nai crawl a very lot...

Guest Anonymous User

Sorry - I was druggggggged. Noop. Gwa. Neep. Smeggy holes in my socks...sssssss.

Guest Anonymous User

I'M WAITING THIS MOD (?) FOR ALONG TIME AND I THINK THAT YOUR CSDOOM WILL BE THE REVOLUTION IN THE DOOM WORLD... WE (A CHILEAN DOOMERS COMUNITY)TELL YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU WORK... PIKORO (HE HE...SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH I SPEAK SPANISH)

Guest Anonymous User

So this site is Doomworld worthy eh? You're like suuuuuch a bitch Ling, you too Mordeth, and you too if you disagree. You too if you agree. You're all faggots and maggots. yeah. hehe. -gmi

Guest Anonymous User

damn! and this would probable rule too! God Damn Windows 98!!

Guest Caleb

1 fucking version of pixelization sucks, and so does the next version! get it up to date doomers! http://www.3dfx.com zdoomGL rocks, oh no is that a nasty word? OPENGL?

There isn't even any mlook in this version... and I am sure that once the source is released, csDoom will ported everywhere, including to ZDoomGL.

For those who got the program to work.. Has anyone notice how it drains your resources?? Well, it happened to me. :-b

csDoom is definately neat.. I played it for a bit and the performance was great even though I have a 28.8 connection.. my ping to the server was ~230... anyway try it if you can. Some people are getting an error where it says "can't set turbo" or something to that effect when you start up... from current investigations it seems to be a processor speed problem (500+)... not sure yet. I know Linguica and Argh got that error.

Got it to work briefly.....sorta. Ping was over 600. I've got cable damnit!!!!!

In case you can get your client working, there's a dedicate server being operated by TeleFragged at crystal.telefragged.com

Thanks Linguica and Marv!

Guest Anonymous User

it sure looks like it'll kick ass! Strong candidate to pry me off of Rocket Arena 2, and Q3 (not that ZDoom, or other source ports, or heck, even shareware Doom, don't do a good enough job ;) ). Hmm... new games suck nowadays, cept for HoMM 3 :-) Good job!

Guest Anonymous User

too bad nobody was there :( Lag wasn't too bad, ping was in the 350+ range. I'm on cable so it must be hell for you modem users. CSDoom shows excellent potential, who knows maybe in a couple of months from now we'll see it listed in Gamespy. =) ...yea most new games do suck. HOMM3 is damn addictive tho, in't it? ;p

Guest Anonymous User

Fantastic, although FreeLook would be nice, i got great pings, is telefragged US based? also it would be nice if you set some sort of time limit or a fraglimit, or even allowed level exit, map 1 gets kinda dull after a while

Guest Xenocide

just played on the telefragged server... simply incredible

Guest Cyberdud15

The first time i feel in a real game when i join the telefragged server....its absolutly COOL..great pings....lots of corpses after a while(eww.)but i am eager to see the final product

Have tried it, but the ping still sucks. I gotta roundabout 500 ms. But csdoom has potential, that's sure

Guest NunoCorreia

This is cool. I'm in Portugal, and I got pings around 350... with a goddamn 28.8k modem...

I have already got the reserve as soon as the client becomes a bit more stable than what it is for SmashDM.

Guest Anonymous User

For a beta CSDoom works very well. With 128k ISDN and the rate set at 5000, it ran like single player. Hopefully the server admin will put a few custom maps into the mix...

Guest Fanatic

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous User

That was amazing

Guest Anonymous User

I was oing to write a comment, but I'd rather be playing CSdoom

Guest E1ghtball

Kick Ass!!! I can't wait 'till the source gets released so someone can put it into ZDGL.

Guest Anonymous User

Finally. That baby runs smooth as candy even on my lame p133 <g>.

Guest Anonymous User

csDoom's abilities have got to be the most anticipated thing on my "Doom source port wish list" since I ever started playing on networks! FINALLY we're not gonna have to shut-down and restart our doom game just because someone trapes in 5 minutes late at the lunchtime doom games! THANX A MILLION!