Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

It Never Ends

Just guess what this update is about... yup, csDoom. Version 0.43 has been released, adding in map cycling, notification if a server is full, less crashing, and a -maxclients paramater (although it's still maxed at 8).

This is a great thing. I'd like to know exactly what maps are being cycled and how often, so I'll probably read the readme as soon as I download. Wait, I already have downloaded it, even before this update was updated... Darn, that reminds of SLIGE. Oh well, later. :-b

Has anyone been to :12000 lately? It's a very messed up version of Map01 that doesn't seem to work... :-b

:12000 is Gothic2 Map01, which is why people have been getting stuck in a strange map01. Hopefully the next version won't allow you to join unless you have the proper wads.

Guest Anonymous User

It's much more stable now. I don't get kicked every 5 min or so any more. Sometimes the weapons still fire the wrong ammo but I'm sure that will be fixed in due course. Besides, that's not always a bad thing :)

Guest Anonymous User

So that's why it was all messed up (regarding :12000). Yes, it should check for external wads or at least let u know what map the server is running.

I'm still getting kicked out every 5 minutes. Maybe Linguica should update his server software.. Hint, hint!!! :-b

Oh yeah, and the wrong-ammo thing isn't always bad, either.. It's nice to have your plasma balls turn into BFG shots or rockets every now and then! :D

Guest Anonymous User

THis thing keeps getting better and better!

Guest Cranium

What a way to experience Gothic2! I mean, I appreciated the map design before, but now the sheer thrill and exitement is jumping out of the screen, when combined with the freshness from Russia. To top it off, the music rocks. If you haven't connected to crystal.telefragged.com:12000 yet you are jeaporidizing the quality of your future! csDoom+Gothic2 NOW!!!

Guest Mattrim.

Thank you for the generous comments, Sverre. It makes all the hard work on GothicDM(2) worth it. Though I wish crystal.telefragged.com would cycle through all of GothicDM(2), and not keep it stalled on MAP01...

Once I have control of the crystal.tf.com servers I will have it cycle through all 32 maps (including Map24 :P) but as of now Marv is refusing to spend the three minutes it would take to have the maps cycle.

Guest Mattrim.

Thank you, Andy! If I make a suggestion regarding map-cycling and Gothic2: MAP04, MAP23, MAP24, MAP25, MAP27, and MAP30 are all well-suited and sized for four-player matches.

Dude, then you don't need two addresses dedicated to Doom2. Have :10666 cycle through the Doom2 levels, :10668 Ultimate Doom, and :12000 various DM wads.. :-b

If I'm not mistaken, did Map28 of Doom2 only have 2 deathmatch starts? ... Or was that fixed in the v1.9 IWAD? 'Cause I know that Map28 was once unplayable in Deathmatch. Just a thought...

Uhh....That's ok, really...you can leave out MAP24. No one will mind I'm sure. In fact I'm really sure.

No no, leave Map24 in, but maybe it would be better to set a time limit instead of a frag limit. Yeah, big levels are nice to DM in sometimes. Peace and quite won't hurt anyone..

:-b

Guest Mattrim.

Stphrz, AndrewB...the MAP24 in question is Gothic2's MAP24, which was specifically built for four players, not DOOM2's MAP24 (The Chasm).

Oohh, ohhh yeah.. Okay, okay.. I didn't realize. I thought you meant doom2.wad. Really.

:-b

Guest Anonymous User

CSDoom server admins: please go grab greatdm.zip on /newstuff and run the 2 wads in it. Everyone else: give them a try, they are THE best. -Jules

Guest Anonymous User

fffuuuccckkk