Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Doom 3 Announced

(I guess apparently this post was about the announcement of Doom 3?)

Guest Anonymous User

First post on one of the most important news posts EVER seems all you basrads are posting at the same time as me :/

yyyyyeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaawwwwwwww! A new DooM game! Let's hope it will get as good as original DooM (though I doubt it)!

I do not know.

Telefragged's PHP stuff appears to be fucked up. Wonderful timing eh...

Guest _WTF_

Is this slashdot? lets all be happy and patient...i for one am waiting to cream my pants...i mean.. a caco dœmon in 3d and naked to boot...what a treat...who needs girlfriends...really?

ling your the man, you've got your hands on hot shit here, respect you!

Guest Anonymous User

hehehehe

Guest Anonymous User

i dunno if this is a good or a bad thing. oh well bring back the good old days!! now im gonna have to start my own doom page :) http://www.quadmonkey.co.uk <-- old http://www.doomcentral.com <-- new!

Guest Anonymous User

Holy shit!

Guest Anonymous User

what's doom? am I have missed something around here? Doom, what's doom. mewse ha ha. <<>><<>><<>><<>>:

Guest Anonymous User

If id software is going ot mke d2k, well im pretty sure itll be utter shit, they will produce some gfx eye candy overladen "thing" that wont accept more than 5 monsters on screen symultaneously and that slows down to the unplayable as soon as the play area gets slightly big... itll be like quake 1 and quake 2 : nothing in common it will be called doom but it wont BE doom

Guest Anonymous User

You fucking pessimist. DOOM is back and all you fucking want to do is abuse it, and id. Fuck you. Seriously. And as for you, Louis - go away. Please.

Guest Anonymous User

Damnit the w8n is gonna be long! A new DOOM Finnaly! a well, there goes what was starting to be a social life

I suppose this is good news, but its a pity had to screw themselves up so much internally to do it. I guess we will be seeing PlanetDoom pretty soon.

haha red you bastard what a small world- your the CIC Q3 monkey! I'm the TFC one :) heh yeah. Pessimistic people can be half-empty glasses if they want, but I've got faith in ID. It wont be eye-candy only. Quake is eye-candy, doom isnt. this is doom.

Guest Xenocide

Well, Carcack spells it DOOM so that's how it is. 'nuff said

Guest Xenocide

err, thats Carmack

Guest Anonymous User

i think id software should hire somebody that is good in story lines. i think carmack already said he would probably do this in a previous .plan, but i think it would be a really good idea for id to do this. because in their past games the story lines werent that great, and it was just mostly about killing things.....a really good story line, and a lot of cut scenes would really make the new doom game kick some ass. -phobos-

Guest Cranium

OMG! Brain meltdown imminent!

Guest Anonymous User

doom was the first game that i never got tired of.
doom wont exceed quake for deathmatch, but doom wil thrive in some way. eye candy? definelty, all single player games are. in deathmatch speed is the most important thing, and you only visit places once in singleplayer, hencet he fact they always look good. ROLL ON DOOM! (and gamespy already have planetdoom ;)

Guest Cranium

I thought my head would pop off there for a second, Carmack should be charging for that kind of plan-update! To the point... Now that there's a next-generation DOOM on the way, is Linguicia gonna live up to his doomsday prophecy and abandon Doomworld or be a real man and cover DOOM3 on it? Btw, if you listen closely I'm sure you can hear all the new DOOM sites popping up around the net... Darkdome lives!!!

Guest Anonymous User

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *headpopoff*

Guest Anonymous User

Let me just quote the hero in blood : "I live.... again.." :o)

Guest Anonymous User

My congrats go to the id boys for having the balls to stand up for Doom like that. I can't wait to see what they come up with. And to all you guys complaining. I really don't get you; not a single line of code has been written yet and you're already saying it'll suck. That's pretty sad. Doom has the greatest legacy of any game ever and these guys put their asses on the line to give it a new lease of life. Do you seriously think they're gonna let us down?

Guest Anonymous User

Yes, my friends, this truly is a memorable day. In my DOOM directory there is a subdirectory called "HISTORY" including all DOOM alphas, betas, etc. Now, finally a new file has been added there, namely John Carmack's .plan . We should be proud that we were to experience this important event. One day, when we are much older, we will tell our great-grandsons and -daughters: "Yes, I was there, I was one of them, and I would never forget that very day!"

that there'll be remakes of map01 and map07 in there? ;) Seriously though, this is great news, let's just hope that it'll work without Romero, McGee and the others who've left.

Guest Anonymous User

"Kevin and Adrian fired Paul Steed in retaliation" Hopefully, Paul is consulting with his attorney this morning. Read the labor laws, Kevin and Adrian... You can't fire someone in retaliation for something else.

Guest Anonymous User

Very great news indeed! I really hope the frightening atmosphere of the old DOOM survives - created by the music, those dozens of foes, those unexpected attacks from your back, the traps and you being on your own with just one certainty: They want to kill you! Ken