Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Jim Dose At id

Mark Dochtermann has updated his .plan with some info that proves interesting to the development of the new Doom:

It is with some sadness and a lot more jealousy that I must report that our friend and chief technologist, Jim Dose' is leaving the company to join Id Software. Jim has had a tremendous effect on how Ritual Entertainment has turned out and he will certainly be missed. We could be upset with Jim but consider these three facts:

1. Jim is leaving the company to join Id Software. 2. Jim is leaving the company to work on the next Doom. 3. Jim is leaving the company to work on the next Doom.

Everyone at Ritual wishes Jim the best and we thank him for everything he has done to make Ritual the company it is today. As we see it we aren't losing a part of Ritual, a piece of Ritual is joining Id Software.

Not too much I can make comments on here... Dose will probably be taking the place that John Cash / Brian Hook filled during Q2/Q3, but don't quote me on that.

Will someone nuke that Louis guy? ... Yeah, I hope this Jim guy has a sense of good gameplay.

Guest Anonymous User

The guy named "Louis" who was just nuked. Who else? :-b

Oh, something like "Hahaha!! doom is dead!!! blah blah slioperk aoihofw34209835fg8easd@#$#(!!!11" ... His was the first post on this thread. Thanks for nuking him, BTW.

Guest Anonymous User

no-one nukes me

Guest Anonymous User

the plot thickens.....

Guest Cranium

I'm not much of a soothsayer, but I definetely think this is good news for Doom. Jim is an el33te hax0r that has Duke3d, Scourge of Armagon and Sin under his brimming belt. From what I know of him he's a coder that really appreciates the importance of the mappers' job (he made one of the Scourge maps for one thing), and since I'm one who think maps are gonna be the ultimate judge of DoomIII's success this is cool beans. He also happens to be a very friendly low-key guy, despite his skills. Go Jim!!!

Guest Elviele

Cool, hopefully more people will join idsoftware so the next doom can be done faster and so will the wolfenstien project, and all other projects, that would also kick ass if they merge with raven-soft.(Id needs a better webpage)

Guest Confusion

Ain't nothing wrong with id's webpage.