Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

SOM Has A New Look

StroggOnMeth has been updated with a very interesting and I think effective new page design. I mean, that really all there is to it. But if nothing else, you have to check the page out to revel in its simplicity.

Guest [DIH]Grunt

I think DoomWorld needs a new page design, becuse with the New Doom and all...

Guest [DIH]Grunt

2 years oh man :(

Guest Confusion

Doomworld's design is fine. I'm happy for it to stay this way for ages.

Actually it sucks. Try having to work with it like I have and you'd grow to hate it :P

I don't think that "Doom3" will be included in the current doom community. (It'll be like a Doom community and a Doom3 Community) Anyway. Hope you like the StroggOnMeth Terminal Logo. Cause I made it.

That is of course. IF the current doom community still exist then (or survive beyond the release of Doom3)

Considering the number of people in the community still using 486s and Pentiums, I very much doubt that a new Doom game will destroy the current community whether it is good or bad.

Considering the number of people in the community still using 486s and Pentiums, let alone those who have a clue how to make true 3D levels or are willing to make them, I very much doubt that a new Doom game will destroy the current community whether it is good or bad. Plus a lot of people prefer to Doom to newer FPS games due to its ease of editing in general (graphics, music, sounds, etc).

Guest mystican

FINE .. *I* think its nice. Man I hope I don't have to do another one tho heheh .. altho I think I could probably do a better job now than I did on this.

Guest Caleb

Grunt dont out anything on hold. none of us know what the new doom is gonna be like, and if it sucks all of us that bare willing to buy the game can always take it off our HD's and trade it in for another game. the computer gaming industry is always changing. either for the better or worse, and 2 years, at least, is awhile away:-) to prove my point even more, if only to myself, is remember when blood 1 came out and we video card users were given a 3dfx patch to bring blood to the graphically beautiful game it shouldve been? well, we have the patch, but it doesnt work. and how long ago did blood 1 come out? i cant remember. all im saying is that companies change, that doesnt mean any of us have too. i love beer:-)

Guest [DIH]Grunt

its not on Hold any more the page is getting a redesign the modelers and mappers are working hard as we speak (I hope they are) ;)

Guest Anonymous User

I will tell you what will happen. There won't be a doom and a doom3 community. There will be just a "doom" community, which EVERYONE will understand to be what we now call the doom3 community. Then there will people from the original doom community (i.e. you lot), and whenever they say you do something for "doom" you will be totally misunderstood.

I speak from experience. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that say to me they "play quake" when they really mean quake2 (or now even quake3). I have a webby with "quake maps", and I have had numerous emails of people complaining my maps "don't work", and when I ask it turns out they were trying to run them in quake2.

people (& the popular media) are good at fucking over established meanings of words of smaller communities. It happens all the time (remember "hackers"?)

--Aardappel

Guest IcarusWing

That's a really nice page design there dude. Well done - good idea.

Guest Confusion

You sure that people use "Quake" to mean Q2 or Q3A? Not something I've ever come across...anyway, I suppose you'd know.