Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Prince Screwed

Wondering why you haven't been able to find any Bobby Prince tunes over at MP3.com and his MP3.com homepage has been removed? Well, this page has an explanation. Appears that despite him having written and recorded all the music personally, MP3.com seems to think that Mr. Prince doesn't have the rights to it. Oh well... hopefully the issue will be resolved soon enough.

FUCK! Is DOOM cursed, or what? It was enough to have lost doomnation. Oh, my. And I'm still waiting for all the (lost) hosted sites to pop up somewhere. When will that be? Isn't it possible?

Guest Anonymous User

I think this proves beyond all shadow of a doubt that MP3.com is completely and utterly fucked.

Guest Confusion

That was me, by the way.

You guys can download a good amount of them from me if you have Napster. I've named them DOOM (BOBBY PRINCE) and then the respective titles so add 'sb4824' to your hotlist or search or something.

Guest Anonymous User

bobby prince screwed... i need to skew boobby

Guest Luguber

Bobby if he wants to be hosted on Doomworld? :)

Luguber, I emailed Bobby Prince and suggested that Doomworld would likely be glad to host his mp3 page. I can't imagine Ling not wanting to host the page of one of the original contributors of Doom.... Can you?

It was just a suggestion...If I was out of line, sorry. I Won't do it again.

I e-mailed those quacks at mp3.com good. They'll be sorry they ever came across the likes of me. :-b

Linguica, maybe Stphrz was a bit presumptuous, but I don't imagine you would have any objections to hosting Bobby Prince. <P>Is this a possibility? A few words on the situation would be appreciated.

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah, Tis' a bitch that the lordly bobby prince hast been severly screwed by the rotten mp3.com But I went to his mp3.com site before you even mentioned it on your newspage! I downloaded all those kickass tunes on my 56k! (thanks to Go!Zilla) The early bird gets the worm (or something).

Well Bobby Prince may not want to host his songs on DW because it is a "commercial web-site." It's bullshit but a couple of months ago B. Prince demanded that Video Game Music (www.vgmusic.com) remove his DOOM MIDI files since they were supposively earning money through their web banners. The hosts at VGMusic responded saying that the ad banners were a part of the requirement of being a part of the Telenation, as Doomworld is. So Bobby Prince might object to the current MIDIs hosted here and if that is so, then I doubt he would allow for his MP3s to be posted. On the other hand, MP3.com has ads and they earn money from the sale of DAM CDs. So he might have changed his policy recently.

I actually emailed Bobby to see what he thinks about our Music page... waiting for a response still.

I was there too during that Bobby Prince fiasco. I don't understand how he thinks the VideoGame Music Archive is commecial, 'cause it isn't. Still, it would be a good addition to the music section of Doomworld. ;)

Linguica, it would be better if you erased those mp2s (which I can't copy into a CD and aren't recorded as well as Bobby's stuff), and invited him to DW (whether he would come or not, and according to what principles or convenience, is up to him, of course). Then again, if he's not coming here, and doesn't complain about the mp2s, then keep things as they are (IMO).

Guest Confusion

Delete the Doomworld music? No. That would be just stupid. Get out of here.

No, DOOM music in mono is very lame. I'd like to hear Bobby's versions. I haven't listened to them, yet.