Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

New csDoom Soon

A new version of the world's first client/server Doom port csDoom will be released in the next couple of days. According to author Sergey the client source code will then be released as well, plus one will be able to easily get the current list of servers from the master server. Keep up the good work, I'd say!

If you wanna bridge the time until the next CSDoom with integrated launcher / server browser will be released, you can get the CSDoom Client Launcher. Server list with all well known servers is integrated, further you can automatically / manual load PWADs Located at: http://kickme.to/theking

Guest Anonymous User

I'm getting tired of servers not working.

Guest Anonymous User

Well, set up your own server if you're tired of other's not working :)

Guest Anonymous User

So, is the csDoom boycott on or what?

One, I'm very, very glad to hear of a new version. This is pleasent news to come back to after an evening of playing catch outside. Two, I also wish the Telefragged csDoom servers were back up. I miss playing DOOM on the internet. Three, I won't be involved in any boycott. I don't know if it's true or not, but if there's a risk of cheating, I don't like it at all. :-b

Guest Anonymous User

If you read the csDoom homepage, the dude stated that he will be releasing the client source code. Besides, "boycott" csDoom is the dumbest thing I've heard. There's no money being made here. Like a "boycott" is going to cut-off needed goods and money to the csDoom author. Duh!!! You should've waited a month or two to see what progress and bug fixes were made on csDoom before opening your orifice and spewing out "boycott csdoom." But, no, you have to use your McDonald-ization mentality and cry about it only a week after the port came out. I want my burger and I want it NOW. Waaahhhh!

I had a server set up on the weekend, but it crashed a lot, and not very many people used it. I'll try putting it back up when the new version of CsDoom comes out.

Guest Anonymous User

After about 6 months of playing Quake2 on the internet(yes, I have only had it for that long lol), I am starting to miss DooM very much. Now a new version comes along which plays on the internet as good as Quakeworld thru Q3A... This is very good, because in my 486, DooM playing days of a couple of years ago, nobody else I knew had a computer or Doom, so now I can play DM Doom just about any time I want. Much appreciation and respect and stuff to you, Sergey, Randy(ZDooM), and everybody else that has contributed time and effort to the DooM community. These ppl are keeping DooM alive for us, giving us novelty every so often to keep up the interest, so lets show the appreciation that is due. DooM rocks! I'll see you in the arena; we can splatter plasma at each other! :0

Guest Anonymous User

I set up my own server the other night on my 56k connection, running Brit11.wad. I played a few people. My own ping was 23, theirs was 200-300. It was a pretty playable game for them though. -Capt.

Guest Anonymous User

Even when I do find a server that works, there's never anyone in it. If only the telefragged servers were working.