Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Romero On Doom 3

Stomped has posted an interview with John Romero which naturally talks about Daikatana, but also briefly touches on the Doom 3 issue:

News has now broken from Carmack that id will be making a new Doom game. What do you think id have to concentrate on to make 'Doom3' succeed?

JR: Keep it scary.

There's a little more Doom 3 stuff too, so check it out. John Romero was one of the level creators / designers for Doom and Doom 2, in case you've been living under a rock for the past seven years.

First post. <P>Yes, I've reduced myself to this level.

Guest Anonymous User

I think the new DOOM 3 will be a blast.I also think if they used the Unreal engine it would rock!!!

The new Doom game is probably about two years away. The Unreal engine will be way too dated to use in a new game by then.

They're id. Why the hell would they even consider licensing somebody else's (inferior) engine? Especially when they've got THE TOP engine code writer on the face of the planet?

Guest Anonymous User

i sure that doom 3 will rock. DOOM will be da bomb

Guest Anonymous User

Doom 3 must rise and crush the pretenders to it's throne; Quake? Bah! Unreal? Feh! Half-Life? Hah! Mark my words: DOOM WILL RETURN AND DESTROY THESE INSIGNIFICANT GNATS! Bwaaaaa Ha Haaaaaa!

Actually I believe Carmack took a very very serious beatdown from the coders doing the Serious Sam engine.

Guest Anonymous User

Even after all the hype and and egotism, I have to feel for Mr. Romero. I mean, Doom was largely a result of him. You have to admit, he helped really shape the game into what it became. It must be painful to watch his former colleagues decide to created another Doom game when he can't do anything about it. I wonder, without Romero's input, will it be Doom?