Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Ricrob Returns

Ricrob's Place has been updated for the first time in quite a while, with some general thoughts about the new Doom game and its effect on Doomworld, word that a new Malcolm Sailor map should be coming sometime soon, and a new featured pick, this time of No Rest No Peace Part 3: Night and Day by Leon Kelz.

Guest Cory

How do you get "time sucks" at the end of a level? I once played a level for over an hour (complex.wad) and it never said that...?

I don't know if it really said that. Maybe he just meant his time was significantly more than the par. <P>Anyway, level 3 of this level has lighting better than I've ever seen.

Heh...you guys never heard about "Time sucks"? Play more doom :P Anyway its the message that replace your time if you fool around in a map for more then 60 mins...

Guest Xenocide

It's there. After you play more than 99:99 I think. I have only seen it once, on that requiem level 12 if I remember correctly...

Obviously Anders has improved his speedrunning skills somewhat now though, he only gets the "Time Sucks" message a couple of times per day ;)

Guest Anonymous User

Dear all, As you all might know software patents are a threat to the Open Source movement. Now the European Community is about to bring out a law which makes software patentable. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN! Please follow the link below and sign the petition against SW patents. I do not want to imagine what happens when programmers of free software are no more able to use specific protocols which have been introduced by companies into the market and patented. In fact, this has already happened in the US to a guy which has been writing a free media player. He has been contacted by Micro$oft to remove the usage of a format which they have a patent on. Spread the word! Put it on the newpages, post it on the forums. Send out emails to all your friends! And of course, please fill in the form: http://petition.eurolinux.org If we put this news, it's also because DOOM ports are directly concerned by this

Anders heh every day for about 5 years and I've never sucked enough to get 'time sucks' :P

Guest Anonymous User

"Open Source Movement"?? That's not a double entendre, is it? ("Hey...Bob? Any luck on that open source movement yet?" "Naw, the suppositories aren't working, either. Got some C4?") God, I hate petitions. And "causes". And activists.