Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

New Skulltag Beta

Carnevil has released beta II of Skulltag, his ZDoom-based multiplayer/botmatch mod. As he says, "this one actually works." Bots will no longer crash the game randomly, no extra command lines are needed to run the beta, the skin WADs are now built-in, and a detailed tutorial on how to make a CTF level has been included. Also, this beta version is based off ZDoom 1.22, whereas the old version was based off of ZDoom 1.18b.

I find it impressive that Carnie actually fixed the main bugs and shifted all his work into the latest ZDoom version in the time he's had since the first release.

first post!

And way to not include the gray marble flat in the wad so there's the blue/red checker flat above the lower teleporter in d2dm7... WAY TO BE CARNEVIL!

Guest Tawney

You should see how HOMed the stctf demo level was;)

Guest Tawney

The bots kick major ass

Guest Confusion

Why will no-one listen to me??? SKULL TAG IS TWO, SEPARATE WORDS! T-W-O WORDS! NOT ONE! WHY DOES NO-ONE REALISE? TWO GODDAMN WORDS!!!!!!!

Some things have to be said.

Guest Anonymous User

I think God damn is 2 words too :)

Pretty much fun. I'll point out that the bots sometimes get stuck on walls, hitting switches or just pushing. Brick8 tex is missing, according to the console. I found that it is necessary to start the game again once you play through. I didn't and chubbs was using massmouth's skin for some reason. Its called Skull Tag, but there's nothing wrong with saying skulltag, just like when we say doom2 for DOOM II, and doom for Ultimate DOOM.

i doubt carn would object to anyone calling it skulltag.. i bet he's even called it that on irc more than once

I hereby swear that I will always refer to this mod as "Skulltag" and not "Skull Tag" if for no other reason than that these people hate it.

Jesus, you people find the DUMBEST still to argue over! Who the hell cares how it is spelt? As long as you know what its referring to... Lighten up people and GET YOURSELF A LIVE!

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah, I know, I know...I shouldn't be using this board as an advertisement, but I'll swallow all the harsh words you guys'll throw at me along with my balls and tell you here and now that I'm looking to start a Chasm site with new DM, Co-op, and single player levels while promoting the multiplayer of the game. Damn, what a run-on sentence! :)I know whoever's reading this is probably wondering what the hell Chasm is, but I'll say it's basically a cross between Doom in 3D and what Daikatana should've been. I know DOOMers believe in keep good things from the past alive, and being one myself I wish to do the same, by attempting to breathe life into this crippled, old franchise/game. So lend me your support if you deem my cause worthy and keep your eyes peeled for a site...Linguica? Are you reading this? *cough*...host...*cough* Long live DOOM!!

Guest Confusion

MY LIFE IS OVER!

Guest Risen

Yes, it is two words.
But honestly, We really don't care!

Even I have spelled it as one before.

Guest Anonymous User

has anyone else noticed they have a tendency to walk into walls at times?

mewse: I actually would have had that done a lot faster, but I had been working on working getting client/server implemented most of the time, and I really didn't have much of a chance to get to make the fixes/updates I did make in beta 2. I'd prolly be done with putting c/s in by now, if I wasn't stranded here in Tuscon for a family reunion until Sunday :P Afterglow: Yeah, sorry about that :) Anonymous User: Yeah, I know they have that problem. I'll get that fixed as soon as I get back home. Myk: Weird, Chubbs was using Massmouth's skin? Hrm... Everyone: Myk said it best when he said "It's called Skull Tag, but there's nothing wrong with saying skulltag, just like when we say doom2 for DOOM II, and doom for Ultimate DOOM." I mean, I've said doom2 and Doom II, and Skull Tag and Skulltag (and SkullTag, too). Skull Tag is really how I first thought of it, but like Risen said, we really don't care :)

Guest Confusion

Sorry if I seem to be getting worked up over nothing here, but honestly...you don't write "id Software" as "idsoftware", now do you? Or "Bill Gates has a lot of money" as "Billgateshasalotofmoney". Why make an exception here?

Guest Risen

becausemyspacebarisbroken.