Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Build Source Released

Guest nintsu

I don't believe Build actually had a true mirror feature. If I remember correctly, walls that were flagged as mirrors only reflected sprites such as monsters or players, with a transparent background. You then had you create a duplication of the room on the other side of the wall. I'd really like to see it implemented in a Doom port. Anyone know if it has yet? Izaak <nintsu@lewp.net>

Guest nintsu

I don't believe Build actually had a true mirror feature. If I remember correctly, walls that were flagged as mirrors only reflected sprites such as monsters or players, with a transparent background. You then had you create a duplication of the room on the other side of the wall. I'd really like to see it implemented in a Doom port. Anyone know if it has yet? Izaak <nintsu@lewp.net>

Guest Anonymous User

... 12.31.01 ... (See http://doomcity.tsx.org/myalike/ for more information as it comes out.)

Guest Anonymous User

... 12.31.01 ... (See http://doomcity.tsx.org/myalike/ for more information as it comes out.)

Guest ORKFACE

Go to zone we need to talk!

Guest ORKFACE

Go to zone we need to talk!

Guest Anonymous User

You dont copy the same sector, it actually copies everything on the one side of the mirror. It needs the space to put all the sectors in thout, thats why you see the large sector behind mirrors in build.

Guest Anonymous User

You dont copy the same sector, it actually copies everything on the one side of the mirror. It needs the space to put all the sectors in thout, thats why you see the large sector behind mirrors in build.

Guest Anonymous User

duke sucks

Guest Anonymous User

duke sucks

Guest Gorc

Duke:good. Shadow Warrior:good. Blood:Kick ass!(It's DooM with Build) Redneck Rampage:Okay(if a little weird) William Shatners Tekwar:Good level design Witchaven:Quite bad Exhumed/Powerslave:Quite fun,but boring after a while. Build itself isn't so bad. Its just that Dukes network code sux. Atomic Edition (ver 1.4D) fixes this, but only because Ken Silverman didn't do the code for it. The majority of games using Build are good (see above). In an old magazine article I vaugely remember reading, John Carmack and John Romero both stated that Build was probally the closest engine to DooM, in terms of technology, design etc. The idea of a 'Duke Legacy' certainly sounds good. But what could you do to improve it? You can already look up-down, jump, duck, fly, swim, blow holes in walls and shout one-liners. How better can it get?

Guest Gorc

Duke:good. Shadow Warrior:good. Blood:Kick ass!(It's DooM with Build) Redneck Rampage:Okay(if a little weird) William Shatners Tekwar:Good level design Witchaven:Quite bad Exhumed/Powerslave:Quite fun,but boring after a while. Build itself isn't so bad. Its just that Dukes network code sux. Atomic Edition (ver 1.4D) fixes this, but only because Ken Silverman didn't do the code for it. The majority of games using Build are good (see above). In an old magazine article I vaugely remember reading, John Carmack and John Romero both stated that Build was probally the closest engine to DooM, in terms of technology, design etc. The idea of a 'Duke Legacy' certainly sounds good. But what could you do to improve it? You can already look up-down, jump, duck, fly, swim, blow holes in walls and shout one-liners. How better can it get?

Guest Anonymous User

Duke Legacy would be kick ass if it supported higher resolution, lensflares, coronas, dinamic lighting... It would be so sweet. I own the atomic pack and i don't play duke because there is nothing new to it. OpenGL support would be awesome with perspective correction and stuff... aww orgasm!

Guest Anonymous User

Duke Legacy would be kick ass if it supported higher resolution, lensflares, coronas, dinamic lighting... It would be so sweet. I own the atomic pack and i don't play duke because there is nothing new to it. OpenGL support would be awesome with perspective correction and stuff... aww orgasm!

Guest Anonymous User

what the hell is this, fuckin dukeworld is here in doomworld. This is doom. Duke nukem is a totally different engine, even the level structure is different. it kinda sucks (but the shrinker is pretty cool) but it had its molments. I would expect that zdoom might spin off on some duke features, but its doom. You don't see doom with fuckin quake like level features, becasue its a totally different game. I expect that parts of duke nukem are going to be used, just don't get your hopes up.

Guest Anonymous User

what the hell is this, fuckin dukeworld is here in doomworld. This is doom. Duke nukem is a totally different engine, even the level structure is different. it kinda sucks (but the shrinker is pretty cool) but it had its molments. I would expect that zdoom might spin off on some duke features, but its doom. You don't see doom with fuckin quake like level features, becasue its a totally different game. I expect that parts of duke nukem are going to be used, just don't get your hopes up.

Guest Anonymous User

The Duke3D source has not been released (and probably never will be), so there's no point in talking about adding new things to Duke3D yet. All Ken Silverman released is the source code to the Build engine and his test game. Unlike Doom, Duke3D the game and Build the engine are two very separate things. Ken never even gave the Build source to 3D Realms; all they got were object files, the sample game, and some hooks for customizing the editor.

Guest Anonymous User

The Duke3D source has not been released (and probably never will be), so there's no point in talking about adding new things to Duke3D yet. All Ken Silverman released is the source code to the Build engine and his test game. Unlike Doom, Duke3D the game and Build the engine are two very separate things. Ken never even gave the Build source to 3D Realms; all they got were object files, the sample game, and some hooks for customizing the editor.

Guest Gorc

Well, quite frankly, I just wanted a reason to say how shit Ken Silverman is. His Kens Labryinth crashed my old computer, and was the only first person shooter in which you attack enemies with jelly. I mean... how shits that? At least the story was good... something about dogs being the galaxies smartest creatures, and aliens stealing them. I quite liked that.

Guest Gorc

Well, quite frankly, I just wanted a reason to say how shit Ken Silverman is. His Kens Labryinth crashed my old computer, and was the only first person shooter in which you attack enemies with jelly. I mean... how shits that? At least the story was good... something about dogs being the galaxies smartest creatures, and aliens stealing them. I quite liked that.

Guest Anonymous User

So your saying, that we shouldnt use sloped surfaces 'cos theyre in duke3d?! Youve gotta be kidding right?!

Guest Anonymous User

So your saying, that we shouldnt use sloped surfaces 'cos theyre in duke3d?! Youve gotta be kidding right?!

Guest Confusion

What the hell is wrong with Ken's Labyrinth? That's a classic, is that. I still play the shareware version daily...in spirit, at least.

Guest Confusion

What the hell is wrong with Ken's Labyrinth? That's a classic, is that. I still play the shareware version daily...in spirit, at least.

Guest Gorc

I didn't mind some bits of it (useable slot machines and money come to mind), and like I said, the stories good. It just crashed alot on my old computer, and runs too fast on my new one.

Guest Gorc

I didn't mind some bits of it (useable slot machines and money come to mind), and like I said, the stories good. It just crashed alot on my old computer, and runs too fast on my new one.

Guest Confusion

What we need is a TC which emulates Ken's Labyrinth in DOOM II. That wouldn't be too hard at all. I'd do it myself, but at the moment I'm otherwise engaged...

Guest Confusion

What we need is a TC which emulates Ken's Labyrinth in DOOM II. That wouldn't be too hard at all. I'd do it myself, but at the moment I'm otherwise engaged...