Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Well, after a relaxing 10 days up in the Seattle/Vancouver area I'm back and ready for action... but there's no news to cover, so I'll just putter around, update the POTD, maybe a new poll, and some other housekeeping issues. Anything happen while I was away?

Guest Confusion

What does this DWBS actually mean??????

Guest ricrob

where did rick go this time...make him come back...

Guest Anonymous User

can i say Shit here?

Guest ORKFACE

all about should trent resnor do the music for doom3 (and this is not an attemp to start the argument again!) I made the longest post on the whole thing (I'm quite proud) =)

where did rick go this time...make him come back...

I'd be questioning Fraggle. After all, Tom's dead and locked in his basement.

no more work at the uni... searching for a permanent job... starting to re-work on rorDoom ;-)

Happy to see you're back... hope we'll meet on Doomroom soon.

Guest Anonymous User

http://zdoom.notgod.com/zdhtech/

Guest Anonymous User

Yes, I did post this anonymously because I didn't create an account; aside from that... Id next prject after completing the Quake Team Arena for the fall, is they're are going to REMAKE DOOM! They're are going to make it with the most up to date technology. To check out more, go get the latest July issue of Cumputer Gaming World, it might be on their website... I don't know... ?

Guest Confusion

Yes, yes, I think we are all aware of that by now.

Guest Anonymous User

I'm working on a doom TC. check it out @ http://members.fortunecity.com/orkdecker/index.htm tell me what ya think about it.

Guest Street Spirit

I'm working on a doom TC. check it out @ http://members.fortunecity.com/orkdecker/index.htm tell me what ya think about it.

Guest Anonymous User

your project is crap and stupid. Look mommy, new graphics and shit! get a life dickweed.

You're darn right something happened. I launched my website while you were away.. I knew this was going to happen.. I was stuffed in a mailag! And where is Covaro?! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

Hey there anonymous user posting at 11:53 on July 5, did I miss something? Street Spirit's post seemed civil enough. He (I assume he - most doomers seem to be) was asking for feedback on his work and for his efforts got told it was crap, and stupid and he was called a dickweed with no life. Nice. So you don't like the work. Ever heard of constructive critisism? For my part, I also checked out the site. If it is to be a TC then there is a long way to go. Changing the title picture, music and weapon sprites can be a fun way to spend an afternoon or two, but it is a long way short of a TC. I am intrigued as to what street spirit plans to do. A TC based on Quake 3? Getting the weapons and sounds would be easy. Making approximations of the levels possible (I am aware of one that has been done quite nicely already) but unless this is meant to be a deathmatch TC (using BOTS?) then it would seem to be a bit of a dead end. Quake 3 has no real enemies (or rather is designed so that all the enemies ARE real ;-)) so where is it going? One day I will set up an account.

Guest Street Spirit

I thank those of you who actually gave me contructive criticism. For the asshole who had ragged on my work, you gotta notice something....... i started this shit a lil over two weeks ago. If your brain could comprehend that i have just started maybe you'd know that I plan on doing much more. I have the work of textures, maps, and whatnot ahead. Also, I'm in the middle of teaching myself how to do my own port like ZDooM so I can have more control as to what needs to be done. I wish for anyone who has dled the tiny beta to email me and tell me what you like, and what you don't. Tell me what ya wanna see. I'm gonna bust my ass on this, but I do request i get some suggestions. Thanks!

Guest Anonymous User

- Linguica see what you've been missing.............................. not much and by the way, q3 for doom deathmatch sounds like a good idea street smart. Put in john carmacks head on a sprite so i can kill him over and over for making the quake series. GET BACK TO DOOM YOU SLACKER!!!!! and that's all i will say on the matter.

Guest Street Spirit

If ya get me a pic of Jon Carmak, i may just put him in the game for your killing pleasure. If you all have any suggestions for me, just email them to me at radiohead14@hotmail.com

Guest Daggah

Quake 3 sucks enough in the Q3 engine...it's not going to be any better in an ancient engine.

Guest King REoL

Hey there anonymous user posting at 11:53 on July 5, did I miss something? Street Spirit's post seemed civil enough. He (I assume he - most doomers seem to be) was asking for feedback on his work and for his efforts got told it was crap, and stupid and he was called a dickweed with no life. Nice. So you don't like the work. Ever heard of constructive critisism? ============================= That would be (WAY) too above most people's abilities here, unfortunately. :(

Guest Anonymous User

I play it all the time two way over my LAN with my mates. The third computer on the LAN is too slow, otherwise we'd have three player game. This TC should (kind of) let us finally try it out at a decent speed... On a somewhat unrelated note, is there ANYBODY who hates Half-life?

Guest Gorc

Listen Daggah, everyone here complains that 'Q3A sux 4eva' or whatever the lingo is. They would (and should) welcome the use of DooMs engine. I personally think its a kickass idea. Anon User (Constructive Criticism) had a good point though. A single player story could be put in it, and models form Q3A used as enemies, but there could be no real way to convert it (except for BOTS, but thats different). Anyway, sounds cool.....

Guest Street Spirit

I'm not really sure that i want to do a singleplayer adventure. It wouldn't be that much fun honestly. I would like to see this be used as a popular wad for use over cdDooM servers, and local lans (like the one at "anonymous q3 owns....) I would like to thank those of you who are giving civil responses and who are giving suggestions. I'm listening to everything you all are saying.... keep up the suggestions, and you'll get a tc that you want. thank you all!

Guest Street Spirit

People have been emailing me saying that they want to see Unreal Tournament DooM. Is that what you folks want?

wolfenstein 3D vs doom 2 vs duke 3D vs quake 1 vs quake 2 vs quake 3 vs unreal vs unreal tournament vs sin vs half-life vs kingpin. Make that in EDGE and everyone'll be happy :) Or not...

Guest DN

I'd rather see team fortress

Guest Anonymous User

street spirit is ur project really legal? will it get "foxed" (or in this case "id'ed") for using q3a graphics/sounds? remember that "aliens" TC(cant remember if it was for doom or quake)?

Guest King REoL

The "Ailiens TC" for DooM lives, it's the Quake one that was killed off. Hey, to be current, being "Foxed" is old-news. Now I think a TC could face "The MetallicA Effect". :)