Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Afterglow, MorbidDM 2 & Public Dang

Please welcome to Doomworld two new sites! First to move in is Afterglow, sporting a new layout for his site and who has also updated with a few new goodies such as two new texture sets, a new download of his map07 revamp called 'Deadly Simplified', an exclusive download of Nick Baker's latest ZDoom Deathmatch level called MorbidDM 2 (go grab now!) and lastly a new tutorial on how create to a spinning ceiling fan - in the style of Earth's rolling breakers and Batman Doom's flapping banners. Afterglow's 'DMDCTF1' level is still not out though.

The other site moving in is the demo site Public Dang. Finally freed from Xoom's random terror, these folks amaze us simple folk every time again with new and improved runs through Ultimate Doom, Doom2 and Final Doom levels. These demos range from the relative simple 'complete as fast as possible' runs to 'kill everything using only your fists'. We watch in awe.

Welcome!

So he finally got his site finished... :) BTW, if anyone's interested, I'm sending Derek Morbid DM 1 to put on the site, as I don't think it's anywhere on the net at the moment.

Guest Risen

Damn... I knew I should have posted a tutorial on how to do that way back when I figured it out. Oh well. There are already a few of these in Twice Risen levels that didn't go into the pre-release.

Risen: I did that trick back in September and it was in the Surge2 prerelease... after I showed it to Cyb he said you had already done it (not released! :P) and I guess Ebola did a similar trick in his upcoming Nimrod. I hope to fix up that tutorial once I get a screen capture program to work in DCK.

Tarin does it a lot better in his ACS example WAD, you can even stop and start it :) I think it's in his FBase 3 as well.

Afterglows cool, hes a frad and hes alkaline, and stuff.

Heh. Yeah I got it on map10 in Nimrod. But I've also added a non spinning fan using 3d floors. (It would have been able to spin if SoM had have the strength to edit the saving code in Legacy) :( Anyway, it kinda makes the texture fans look like not as good so I dunno if I'll keep em.

Guest Warlock

Morbid DM is one of my favourite maps, possibly *the* favourite. Going to review it soon... I don't think it has gotten the attention it deserves among deathmatchers, but then again it has also been very hard to get.

I've never seen that trick in any other wad besides Tarin's. I'd like to know when Tarin figured it out.

Tarin's method only works under ZDoom and uses ACS... my method works under doom2.exe and any other port.

I just added MorbidDM1... but 3D Downloads is screwing up again so just download from ftp://ftp.doomworld.com/afterglow/indepth/nbmbdm01.zip

Guest Daggah

Nice site design.

Anything happening with that level I sent you a while back?

Guest Risen

The way I did it was with the same anim texture method, but I used BOOM to put in the animated texture w/o overwriting any of the others. Doing it that way you can change the speed at which it spins - which increases effectivenes of it greatly. But, it still hasn't made it into a released level yet. Heh, Skull Tag better get released before someone else figures out DDM. :)

Daggah: Thanks; your level along with 'your' textures will be appearing in Crucified Dreams... http://www.doomworld.com/crucified_dreams/ for a few screenshots of it. :)