Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Tekkoudan Alpha Released

This isn't Doom news, true, but it's close enough to qualify. An enterprising soul has released alpha release 0.3 of Tekkoudan, a Wolfenstein 3-D TC. In case you didn't hear me, I'll say it again: a Wolfenstein 3-D TC. And I thought editing Doom made me an old-timer. Here's a quote from the page describing why he's making it.

Tekkoudan is not just your normal Wolfenstein 3-D add-on it's a completely new game. It's truly a TOTAL conversion. Our goal(well, MY goal for now) is to create a fun game with an involving storyline that you will not be able to put down. It is being planned to be the best Wolfenstein 3-D TC EVER.

"Why use the Wolfenstein 3-D engine?" you may ask, "Isn't it all old and crappy?" Well, the general reason is that it's relatively simple to use and so far with only me working on the project it would be near impossible to complete if I used any other engine. Also, the source code is written in C++ making it easy to edit and is more complete than any source code released for any other game. Lastly, I have a lot of experience with Wolfenstein 3-D add-ons and know how to edit it upside down and backwards.

I tried out the alpha release (it's standalone; you don't need Wolf3D installed to play it) and it's actually quite good. It's very "Metal-Gear-Solid-esque" with between-level briefings on objectives and all that jazz. Naturally help is needed, so if you're a programmer, mapper, or storyline whiz, show some love.

Guest Anonymous User

There was a wolfgl port on Frag.com but it disappeared with them :(

Guest DN

Was it ever released or did Frag.com eat it before a public alpha/beta came out?

Guest TRILINE@R

I have the alpha version of WolfGL (67.2K) if anybody still wants a copy :) Heh, looks like my "addons" archive isn't a total waste of space after all :)

Guest Anonymous User

... wierd, but that tc, looks and plays excellent. and btw LIM still works... :o)

Guest Anonymous User

Whenever i feel tempted to leave doom for something with a more advanced engine, i will look at tekkuodan and say to myself "No, we must fight the good fight, we must never give up"

Very professional looking. About as good as you can do with the Wolf3d engine anyway. This guy really knows what he's doing.

Guest Anonymous User

Despite the Wolf limitations, I really enjoyed this too short sample. Go try it!

This TC sounds fun! I still love Wolf3D! If it's completed, I will download and play it! :D

Guest Gain

I personaly liked it. I'd like to see the finish product, It should prove good.

Guest DN

Impressive as hell for such an old engine. Respect!

Guest Anonymous User

Cool!!

Guest Anonymous User

Well, for a "3D" engine that almost 10 years old, I Really like this TC. Maybe I should ask to join the team as a mapper. I have tons of old D&D map that would convert over well. Anyway very cool!! Sgt Crispy

Guest Anonymous User

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments! This has to be the most exposure any Wolf3d add-on has ever gotten. And I'm still looking for help. E-mail me at dla_one@yahoo.com or catch me on ICQ(47547834).

Guest Anonymous User

nice job, i downloaded and played the whole thing on the hardest difficulty.. some points gave me a lil trouble, i'm used to doom dammit!, anyway.. very nice job with the project and i'm looking forward to its final release.

Guest Confusion

How can you possibly be opposed to the Chinese of all people??? You sod. This TC is very nice so far, and yeah, it's good to see that there are still people interested in Wolfenstein 3D. On that note, www.wolf3dbunker.com - anyone know anything about that? Hasn't been updated in ages.

Guest Confusion

Where did the "This is cool" comment go? It makes my responce seem somewhat useless, sitting there responding to something that isn't there.