Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Wild Stuff

Rick Clark, WADmaker / tutorial writer / RPG creator / story weaver extraordinaire, has moved his homepage off of XOOM and onto somewhere else which is not Doomworld. He's also messed with the design a bit to make the site easier to navigate.

Guest Anonymous User

Yay!!! I'm sick of Xoom and their incessant 404 error messages, DNS Not Found boxes, and general Get Stuffed attitude, - with all their accounts, not just Rick Clarks...

Guest Confusion

My thoughts exactly. Xoom sucks. Down with Xoom. Down I say.

I have a xoom account lying around that I never use anymore. I know how annoying it is. They give you all this "free unlimited webspace" bs, then they somehow forget to tell you that they have an extremely slow server that loses half of what you put up and dies once a week. They don't let you directly link to anything except html pages. They have incessantly annoying banners. They send you so much junk mail you abandon a former e-mail address (I speak from experience). All in all, they just suck.

Guest Confusion

Another poll idea: ask people their opinion of Xoom.

Guest Rick Clark

Nothing personal Linguica. :) I had generous offers from both of the Doom sites but I prefer to remain impartial and independent since I do other stuff besides Doom. I think Doomworld and DoomHQ are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Before everyone was forgetting about Doom HQ, now it's Doomshack that people don't remember. Oh, and Doomsphere, that is if it isn't dead as it appears to be.

Guest Rick Clark

For some reason I thought Doom Shack was gone. Thank you for reminding me it is still open. As far as Doomsphere; they seemed to only want to cover their friends and steal my tutorials. I have no problem people posting my tutorials as long as they mention where they come from. He had my WadAuthor tutorial up on his page and called it HIS tutorial. Pretty lousy if you ask me.

Guest Bloodshedder

Anybody notice newdoom.com?