Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Afterglowing

Afterglow has updated his homepage with the news that he was not successful in his quest to either take screenshots in DCK, or get MBF working in its VESA modes. He also talks about some weird bugs he has been running into while mapping and playing lately, talks about a way to make torch-lighting more realistic, and mentions that his CTF level will now be for Skulltag.

Guest Anonymous User

Does it absolutely have to be DCK? why not just open up a windows editor and hit the print screen button? then you can paste it into MS paint and do whatever you want with it

When you can't get MBF working in hires, it means your video card doesn't have real VESA 2.0 support *IN HARDWARE*. Many newer video cards have that deficiency, including all the S3 Trio family and the Matrox Millennium G400 (but not the G200). When queried by an application, they report that they have VESA 2.0 support. Then when the app tries to use VESA 2.0 functions, you get a crash or spontaneous reboot, because they ain't really there.

These cards rely on a Windows driver for VESA 2.0 support, and don't always get along with the SciTech driver (which in my experience is rather unstable). Basically they're the video equivalent of a WinModem. :(

Anyway the problem is *not* with MBF's hires mode, but with the video card. In fact I now use MBF as my diagnostic to test whether a video card that *reports* itself as having VESA 2.0 support really does or not. If you have a "WinVideo" card, you'll have the same problem with any app that expects real VESA 2.0 support. (It will also cause occasional reboots when Windows changes video modes.)

Forgot to mention, some linux distributions will also barf on these "WinVideo" cards when they try to set up the video driver. I went thru 3 disties before I found one that could deal with it (RedHat 6.0)

Guest Anonymous User

If you put a i in DCK you get Dick hehehehe

Guest Anonymous User

why is he called afterglow? does his penis glow?