Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Aliens Doom

Andrew Loly sent word that he has released a preview of his Aliens inspired Doom project called Killer TC. The demo consist of one level plus several new graphics and sounds. A few screenshots are available as well. He also seems to be in need of several more people for his project... perhaps someone like yourself..?

Guest Ike654

Was this name also inspired by my Kill?

"Kill" is a pretty common word when you're dealing with a game where you shoot, and kill, hundred of monsters.

Guest Ike654

You've got a good point.
PS, why haven't I recieved an E-Mail reply from Mordeth about KillEd?

Guest Anonymous User

Umm... I can't seem to get it to work. Every time I load it up, it crashes with about 486 errors of patch now found in texture blah blah... I've tried using several different source ports, and they all say the same thing. The demo is screwy.

Guest David_A

Massive texture errors with all the ports I've tried. It's definately the demo.

Guest Anonymous User

It does work, but not in ZDoom. Try Legacy.

Guest Anonymous User

Legacy 1.30 in Sodtware mode works a treat for me

Same here as Anom, my version of Legacy works fine on software mode. Not tried ZDoom

The problem arises in that some of the new patches are smaller than the ones they replace (e.g. 48x128 instead of 128x128).

The best solution to this is to make a new 128x128 totally cyan texture and import it into the WAD. Then copy TEXTURE1 and PNAMES from doom2.wad, and edit them.

Scroll through and add your blank patch to the new textures (which I think are all either CEMENT* or MARB*)

Guest Anonymous User

Well, I finally got it to work using Legacy, and I must say it looks great. In fact, I'm almost willing to say that (gasp) it looks better than the original Aliens TC. I can't wait for more levels and stuff.