Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Woo, the 10 Sectors Contest continues. A good 80% of you would like to continue seeing random anonymous screenies from submitted levels, and I figure that's enough to continue doing so. Some of the recent entries have me going "this is only 10 sectors?" and I am pretty surprised when I go into the level editor and confirm that yes, these people are making some really nice levels with the mere 10 sectors they have been given. Here's a cool tech level I've gotten:

Fanatic has offered to donate two Fragging Fanatical CDs to give to the second and third place WAD authors to make that pain of losing a little more bearable. Also remember that if your WAD is in one of the top 32 it gets into the 10 Sectors megawad, which is already looking to be the most anticipated WADs of the year (at least, in my biased opinion).

Ah yes, and I turned off anonymous posting for now... if you have some reason you think it should stay on, email me with a reason.

Guest JMX

damn now I know my level doesn't stand a chance. whoa 1st post.

Very nice. Hey JMX, make another level then. Do it better. That's the reason Ling is posting the shots. There's a lot of really good level authors out there. This contest is gonna be a bitch to win, but there's no reason not to hope to get a level into the megawad :)

Guest Kinoshkana

(1) Anonymous posts suck, although if you've forgotten your password, I can see a use.
(2) I wonder what the most monsters anyone's used in a level so far is?
(3) Third post. Whoopee.
(4) SUCK IT!

Kinoshkana torimajanu!

Guest Andy Olivera

Kino, the most monsters I've ever seen in a single level is MAP32 from the HR2 beta(over 1600, not counting Arch-Vile revivals). I doubt anyone's gone beyond that...

Guest cocoon

I tihnk i totally misunderstood that question hehe

Mmmm. I wouldn't mind winning one of those cd's. Fraggin Fanatical is cool.<p>
Nick. Is your map still on only one sector ;)

Linguica, I realize the majority of anonymous posts are anything but helpful, but I do notice that a lot of regular posters forget their passwords a lot.

And by the way, did Covaro ever get his account back?

No, that map is now 5 sectors, but I got stuck on it and sent in another map (which is 10 sectors)

Err, people who forget their password should just click on the "forgot you password? click here." thing.

Either that or improve their memories :)

I do think that anon posting is abused rather than being convenient.

in my pants.

IMHO this is a really good thing.

Die you anonymous bastards, <B>die!</B> Muhahahahahaa! ;)

IMHO this is a really good thing.

Die you anonymous bastards, <b>die!</b> Muhahahahahaa! ;)

Hey nitro, try looking slightly to your left as you type, and you will see that it's die! and not <b>die!</b>

Guest Lt. Taggart

Uh no relation to the contest but has anyone noticed that DoomHQ has not updated at all? Either the staff went on vacation or DoomHQ is just as dead as DoomNation.

"Sunday, August 6, 2000" &lt;-----This is last time they updated.

Guest anonymous_user

get rid of the anonymous users i say

Guest JMX

yeah stphrz my wad does kick slight ass , too bad wadauthor enjoys destroying sector data. also if you take a close look at the posted screen shots you can tell that the rest of the level cant be much different because you can see 4 or 5 sectors already(of course i could be terribly wrong).

whats with the html
test

Guest JMX

neato
i
got
the
html
to work

You know, they should do this more often. Next contest should be something really weird, like the level has to use every bit of height that's allowed in the engine, or something. :)

By the way, I made a really bad level that'll never make it at all an excelent level that'll win for sure.

It's so krappy, I had to write it in h4x0r! It's so good, it's made of pure gold (well, it has a little bit of pop too, but thats part of the creation process. ;).

Ok, I'll stop trying out the HTML stuff. =^)

Test-0

Guest Caleb

no you should make levels that utilizes vid cards.... uh oh did i say a bad word here in the doomworld? damn, horrors never cease:-)

Guest Confusion

That's a really lousy crosshair being used in those screenshots there.

Guest LordUnum

It &lt;b&gt;IS&lt;/b&gt; kinda on the large side, for me---more distractful than helpful. Also, it strangely resembles an imp fireball "splash", IMO. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, though....

BTW, am I the only one to still consistently use that little old "+" crosshair in all FPS games?