Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Dead Giveaway

This has got to be such a spoiler, but we figure that this deserves more immediate attention. Malcolm Sailor, the ninth best WAD author ever according to you guys, has released a level entitled "Chord3", which currently sits in /newstuff. I'm not going to say anything, except that it's most likely Malcolm Sailor's last level ever, and that's it's a good one. If you want to hear a more detailed description, then you'll have to wait a few days.

Well, as the last map from Malcolm ever this is a very kick ass map. I haven't seen a hellish type map in a long time and this rocks. However it also hard as hell. The last two area of the map are simple the best. I wish I had though of that...

Well Malcolm, good luck in whatever you are going to do from now on.

One more thing... why?

Guest Firebrandt

This level rocks!

Stupid me, I didn't realize until shortly before finishing that the teleporter in the hall led to the ssg. I guess it would have made things just a *tad* easier. :|

I've got to get over this intense fear of teleporters...

Guest o-tech

Malcolm, you should have been above me on that best-mappers-of-all-time thing at 5years.doomworld.com... you are truly amazing, and allthough I will likely never be able to finish this map on UV, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Literally.

Hmmm... Lighting could be smoother, mis-matched flats on top of some textures, some rooms are too square... Wait, I'm not Lut! This level owns! =p

This is one yummy cookie...I love hellish themed maps, and this one has everything; a good doze of atmosphere, a wonderfull rockred (or was that redrock? Umn...)theme, challenging gameplay and a good none-linear feel - and those end scenes are just awesome. A worthy last map Malcolm, I just wish you would make more of them in the future...

It's unforunate that such a highly acclaimed mapper uses the Doom engine in what it's worst at - tight areas. While this map doesn't look bad, it's certainly not impressive when compared to newer engines today.

As for the gameplay? Great! The traps seemed to come out of nowhere (that's a good thing), the ammo was just enough to keep you in fear of running out, and the monster placement was excellent. I'd say this is one of the better Doom levels of all time.

Oh....my....god. Awesome. Looks great, plays better. Is there a better level out there? If there is, I'd gladly pay real money for it.

Lüt, if this is only an 8.5 I'll eat it :)

Guest malcolm

I'm glad you guys all like it... but has anyone tried the DM-only portion of the map yet???