Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Well, the 10 Sectors Contest continues with entries continuing to trickle in at a negligible rate -- only 1 entry in the last 2 days? Perhaps you have forgotten the sweet, sweet taste of a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, or failing that, a possible place in the biggest community-driven megawad since, dare I say, Memento Mori II. Did the bold get your attention? If so, go enter! Currently there are a mere 46 entries, meaning that everyone who has entered currently has a 70% chance of getting into the megawad -- quite good, no?

(img)(img)(img)

Guest o-tech

This looks like the best one so far, at least aesthetically... but I can do better, and I am doing better :-)

According to the poll, 106 people have entered. Vote once damnit! Stupid poll abusers...

Cool map.

Hmmm. To mcuh crap in the ending of my map. better remove some of it. Looks like a fuckin birdnest.

Are you selecting the maps out of sheer probability, Ling? Just drawing them from a hat?

Oh yeah, and this level is by Tomi Rajala.

Guest o-tech

What the fuck anthony, I have clearly written "...but I can't promise anything" in my mails to you. Also, if you have a problem, come to me directly instead of dragging it up here.

Guest o-langh

Finally a nice looking level! The fist screenshots from a level that looks like a real building.

Ps. I love the green base theme!!!

Guest o-langh

Sorry, it was FIRST not FIST

And this level makes my level look like pure amature work... hold on... i AM an amature

It makes my level look uninspired! Damn!!

Guest Skarj

This will be a great megawad first off, i wonder how many great editors have in it. My stage is comin soon ling, so ph33r, and all. heh.

Guest JMX

Yeah I agree this looks likes the best map so far. but I am partial to tech themes.
This vaguely resembles mine...all the vertical accenting & stuff, & circular lites on the cieling.

btw, wad author : that is a really badass effect on the TECHGREN texture with the blue triangles, pretty damn creative

Guest Caleb

guess i shouldve waited on buying that damn voodoo 5 6000 AGP and the monitor to support the resolutions it can do before i bought both of them, damn!

Well, these screenshots look pretty good, but judging from those, it looks like the whole level will be pretty flat and repetetive. Then again, every level will probably look a little like that. We'll just have to see.

Yes, those shots do look good. And yes I do think that most levels will have a tendency toward being a little flatter than your typical doom level. I find you have to make a choice between lighting and height variation and variety of flats. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm actually hoping someone will prove me wrong :)

Guest _Dimiter_

Well, as soon as my eyes start feeling better, I am finishing and submitting my level... I already have 7 sectors, and have just started... What was that deadline again?

Of course most levels wich got a somewhat good look will be a bit flat. But I like to think I've managed to make mine not so flat after all.

Hm very big final battle arena. Cool. ;)

Guest Wyvern

This style looks more along the lines of the author of Hell Factory, even down to the floor lighting style. Bet I'm right. :)

Well, Tomi Rajala is the author of Hell Factory, and as said below he is not the author of this level.

Guest darkknight

One thing I can say is that I think that this is a very good idea and hopefully this might return some community spirit to the community. I would go so far as saying that the community could build a new IWAD if people were willing to put the effort in.

Guest Fanatic

Most of the levels will probably be pretty flat (mine is), but the attention you have to pay to how you use your sectors should make people really think about what they are making. I think we will see some of the best levels in a long time with this contest because people have to really focus on what they are doing because of a severe limit on sector usage. I can't wait to see what everyone else has done!

I hope I can put name to level in the final wad- I wan't to see the products of all the people bragging about their almost complete wads... I'm sure those who are stating that theirs are good are infact not so.

Jon, if Ola says his level is looking good I think you can believe him. As for the others, I don't know. My level is comming along not too badly. Lookswise it's not that far off from what has been seen in most of the screen shots so far. Playwise, I have no way of knowing. I had to rip out one of the best looking areas of my level because I could't get the monsters to behave in the way I wanted them to. The new area works fine now, but doesn't look near as good.

Guest Wyvern

OH.

Couldn't quite remember his name. :)

Guest JMX

I bet near the deadline the # of wads is gonna skyrocket.

I don't want to give away my secrets, but I think I've found a pretty good way of compromising floor variations and good architecture. Limitations give us a way to find new approaches and new ideas. I think it's kinda fun.

Stphrz: I didn't mean ola specifically, he hasn't really bragged. I meant the people claiming their levels looked better than those they had seen. I don't believe you can judge a level by three screenshots.