Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

PrBoom 2.1.0 Released

After a long, erm, pause in development, PrBoom v2.1.0 has been released over on the PrBoom homepage. This release is the result of the merger between PrBoom, LxDoom and lSDLDoom. While you should go look at the website for the list of features, this version of PrBoom, notably, greatlyimproves compatibility with original Doom levels and demos. Almost all original demos, and all MBF demos (included the Tools Assisted Speedrun demos) work. The Linux RPM and the Windows ZIP are now available, and the source will follow shortly (BUT IT'S GPL! OH NO CALL THE FSF!). For those of you not in the know, PrBoom originally was simply the Win32 version of Boom, but now it has become so, so much more.

Guest Slipgate

MBF demos at high-res? Wasn't the point
behind MBF to be more classic Doom style
without all these new-fangled gadgets? Oh
well, playing back already played games in
high-res can't hurt I suppose.

Does anyone else notice that it already knows
your username and pass these days on DW's
comment threads? Probably a cookie on my
computer, but that sure feels trippy. Esp.
since it had the right username but the wrong
pass!

Slipgate

Guest space-dog

does anybody know how to get it running in fullscreen, but with a lower resolution, i'd much rather have a large blocky display than a small, detailed one

If you read the docs, you will find a command-line switch named "-fullscreen", or you edit the boom.cfg file.
I will make fullscreen the default in the next release.

Guest space-dog

thanks, i found the command to make the screen bigger, but i missed -fullscreen, thanks
and slipdog? if that's a joke i don't get it

Ok, maybe we should have mentioned that, but this release of prboom includes software and opengl for Linux and Windows. Though we have not testet OpenGL on Linux very much.

Guest space-dog

no, wait, it wont run in fullscreen. when i select "new game" and press enter, it goes back to windows mode.
a bit more tinkering with the .cfg methinks