Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

SOG It

Well, strictly speaking mere Quake2 mods have no place on this beautiful Doom site, but this one sort off pertains to Doom as well. I am talking of course about SOG, the continuation to the cancelled 'Generations' mod where people can wield the weapons from their favorite past id Software games. Adam Ruddermann sent word that the first non-alpha version will be released tonight, so head over to their site if you're interested in emulating Doom in another game :)

Guest cocoon

Linguica: How come your name is in that "thread-showing-thingy" on the frontpage when it isn't in here?

Don't tell me that the post has been edited

Check this : I worked on SOG for over 14 months now (mostly mapping and coding stuff). Yesterday there was an awesome IRC release party and everyone was excited. We played a good online game of SOG DM too.

So today I got out of bed late, I connect to internet and check out DoomWorld, for an update of the ten sector contest. What do I see on the frontpage? SOG released!!! Joy of joys.

I have it. Got it yesterday. :^)

But... has anyone noticed the Cyberdemon in the lower right of this page...? o_o;

Test-0

Good work Arno and SOG team :)

Now we need servers :/

Can you get Ariq to be less trippy on the news updates? :D

Adam has promised to publish future news updates with more usefull info and less craptalk. The latest news update, about the release, is actually quite to-the-point. He probably ran out of time.

There IS a cyberdemon at the bottom of this page! Scary...

[00:30] <Arno> There's just something about seeing /usr/local/bin/teardrop that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

hehe. arno SOG kicks ass but the Doom HUD weapons need to be redone because, well, theyre poorly done.

Guest Gorc

Does everyone know you can still download the final beta of the original Generations conversion from its website? Well, not exactly from the website, but there is a link to a site where you can.

Haven't tried SOG yet. Are there any monsters in it?

Fyrestorm : I never said that. Must have been someone else who also goes by the name of "Arno". I agree that the DOOM weapons could be modelled better. That is, IF there are good modellers available. Scorpion did an excellent job on the Quake1 weapon models, but he moved on to other projects now.
Gorc : I obtained Generations before its shutdown. I know the files are still floating around somewhere. There are no monsters in SOG v1.0, only bots. But we're working very hard on the SP missions, which will be released in a matter of weeks.

Guest Gorc

The Generations files are pretty good, but unfinished. Any mod that attempts to place Doom (and others) in Quake II is to be applauded. Great job guys.

Hey, maybe even Daggah would like the Quake engine games if they resembled Doom a little more!