Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Vapor Wins Doom 2 Tourney

Well, from what I have heard, the Doom 2 tourney at the Frag 4 went off without a hitch, and California's own Vapor was able to knock off "Dominus" who came in second, and Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford came in a paltry third. Of note is that Vapor asked if Doomworld would sponsor his journey to Texas since he was sure he was going to win (we didn't BTW); I guess his confidence was not misplaced, since he's won that new Athlon 1GHz computer.

Dammit Vap, why didn't you ever tell me you were so fucking good? :) I didn't even think you had Doom II on yer computer :) Anyway. man Vap, that kicks ass. Yer the man, Vap! Now help me get some more chicks :) Talk to you later, Vap.

Hmm, I prolly shoulda made that an e-mail instead of a comment thread post :) Oh well :)

You the man, Vap!

/me emails Sgt. Crispy's ass

SgtCrispy's@ass.com, right? :)

Okay okay, lemme dig around for it... okay, found it.

Playing Vapor in the second round I got a colossal beating I won't soon forget! Ended up as #4 eventually... Not TOO shabby for an old veteran! Props to the man for flying down from Cali and doing his thing. Beating Dominus was quite a feat, I saw him play some awesome games too. The mAd skillZ are still out there!

The new Doomworld design will require Flash 5 to complement the yellow text on magenta backgrounds with fuzzy borders, hippie flowers, and peace symbols.

what's even *more* evil is that it seems to be impossible to persuade that site that you _have_ Flash. I went and downloaded Flash 5 specially...but no, the front page STILL says "you need Flash4 to view this site". BAH.

Guest Confusion

What the hell is that revenant doing??

Guest The Gemini

What did he win? a complete cpu with 1000 mhz, ram, screen, and all, or what? where did this contest go on by the way?

If you take that yellow key sitting at the top of the page and drag it down to the lower left corner of the page, the page shakes violently and the revenant dies

Congrats Vapor, do you have the demos from Frag4?
To be honest, I never saw you playing, so this time I could start with some cool demos :)

Guest Skarj

Somebody please get ahold of the demos from that contest!!!!! That would be freakin sweet

Vap wants me to let you guys know that he e-mailed the demos to Linguica. So, Ling's the one to bug now :)

Swedish Fish: That map is somewhere between "progressing" and "limbo". I've got another map I gotta finish first!

The new Doomworld design will require Flash 5 to complement the yellow text on magenta backgrounds with fuzzy borders, hippie flowers, and peace symbols.

i'm sure afterglow will approve!