Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

COMPET-News

That's right, the COMPET-N site has updated again, with more insane DOOM demo action. Insane is right, as this update is nothing short of insane. There are three new Doom 2 Nightmare runs; the fastest time being 38:41. There's also a new competitor in COMPET-N! But for most of you, his name should be familiar. Don't forget about the truckload of Cooperative action, as well as all of the other entertaining demos out there. An entire 58 impressive recordings to be exact. Now get out there and watch!

Man. Why don't you just type : first post?
Oh yeah, in my pants!!!! :P

Hmm, wasn't it Jon who originated this? If so, then you Americans should be saying "in my underwear" instead, because use English people use pants to mean underwear that rather than trousers :)

Guest Gorc

Americans seem to be quite good at mixing metaphors. Confounding Confundrums. Erm... yeah.

Anyway, why do they bother calling it American English? I mean, it only barely resembles anything someone English would say anyway.

"SAM:It's like a swirling enigma, stimulating thoughts and surging ideas."
"MAX:Me too."

Stop complaining already, it's another language, another country.

And it is English, I mean, you understand what I'm saying, don't you? Only a few words are different really, and mostly nouns at that.

And I made up I am stupid, and I meant in my trousers for you British folk (Nick :P)

So there

Besides, if we spoke the same exact language as you, you'd be telling us to 'bugger off and get your own identity'

NO ONE IS EVER HAPPY DAMNIT.

Heh.

This concludes my message. And stuff.

Now to see if the Parallel Team flamed me any. Wheee.

Guest Gorc

It wasn't us who decided to drive on the wrong side of the road...

I'm sorry, Sarge. I didn't mean the be harsh, I'm just very sick of dealing with stupid people IRL right now. I'm sure you can relate.

Yes Gorc, I am an American. I live in
South Dakota to be exact. And I DO NOT want to hear any jokes regrading hicks/cows/pigs/sheep/or whatever. Ok?
As for the whole pants/trouser debate. Pants mean pants, underware means underware, and trousers mean you are a stupid git!

Years of Montey Python sure paid off...

It wasn't us either damnit, that was like 90 years ago fradman.

Get over it, sheesh.

Guest anonymous_user

English underpants = underwear
Pants = Trousers
Where you get idea pants=underwear?

Guest Gorc

I have used the word Pants before. I tend to use it like this:

"You are Pants"
"This is Pants"
"That is Pants"

Not that I use them often :)

Its a known fact that in the middle ages, people used to ride their horses on the left hand side of the road, so that they could keep a weapon in their right hand. You never knew when someone would attack!

If you was left handed... I guess you were just stuck. Oh well.

Viva la independance ;)

Guest anonymous_user

The `rule of the road' in mainland Europe and the majority of countries in the world, including the United States is `to drive on the right'. In the United Kingdom and some of her former colonies; Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Zambia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and India, the rule of the road remains to drive on the left. This also applies in Japan and the Mediterranean island of Malta, where they like to tell you that they drive in the shade !

The origin of the rule of the road dates back to how people travelled in violent feudal societies. As most people are right handed it made sense to carry any protective weapon in this hand. When passing a stranger on the road, it would be safer to walk on the left, so ensuring that your weapon was between yourself and a possible opponent. Jousting knights would hold their lances in their right hand, therefore passing on each others' right.

Revolutionary France was to overturn this historic practice, as part of its social rethink. Their military general and self proclaimed Emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte was left handed, therefore his armies had to march on the right so he could keep his sword arm between him and the advancing enemy. From this time any part of the world that was colonised by the French would travel on the right, the rest would remain travelling on the left.

Although America was originally a British colony, the French colonised the southern states such as Louisiana and the Canadian East coast including Quebec. The Dutch colonised New York (New Amsterdam), the Spanish and Portuguese colonised the Southern Americans and much of the south west parts of North America. The British were in the minority when it came to shaping the traffic system. The new independent American republic adopted the drive on the right system, being anxious to cast away any remaining links with its British colonial past

Guest Gorc

Good post Anon_user person. I just hope that clears up any confusion over the whole traffic thing.

Man, I started a pretty un-Doom thread here. Oh well.

It was all the fault of the French! Blame them!

Good discussion. I have enjoyed this a whole lot!

Has anyone noticed that Cyberdemon in the lower right of the screen? What does it do exactly?

"SAM:I think I've got something in my eye!"
"MAX:Why don't you try digging it out with a fork? That always works for me!"

it seems that the cyberdeamon hold some mystery as it points to a very peculiar link, namely "[url="http://www.doomworld.com/lgadmin/selectdeletefollowup.php3?newsupdateautonumber=326""]http://www.doomworld.com/lgadmin/selectdeletefollowup.php3?newsupdateautonumber=326"[/url]

unfortunately i don't have the magic password...

Guest Gorc

You're right. How odd. seems to be something only Ling and co. can get into. Maybe even they are locked out!

Does this Cyberdemon have control over Doomworld? Will Ling wrestle control back before its too late? Find out in the next thrilling episode!

Or maybe not.

Guest cocoon

The worst fucking thread so far?

Jesus.. limeys and yankees

Hey guys, there was an update on the Compet-N site!

I just wanted to tell you.

cyb if it wasn't confusing as it was you had to go and type in my pants literally and therefore make the point almost unreadable :P People still don't seem to get it...

Hey, I get it. I've got it right here, in my pants you see :P

Stphrz- mail me how you do it and I'll tell you if your right or not :P

in my pants