Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom DM Resource Update

Tarin, you sly dog :) I knew Domination was possible with ST, and you did it. Way to go, Tarin!

Yep guys, you can do Domination levels using Skull Tag. Tarin posted a tutorial over on his page on how to do it. Pretty sweet, eh? :)

Heh, that's funny when the Skull Tag project leader isn't aware of a possible play mode. "We implemented it but had no idea how to implement it".

SurgeDm2 4/10

Bah, it's not like I hardcoded Domination. I implemented the teamgame mode so that it's very simple and flexible, so that it's not confined to things like CTF and ST, and so that you could do other things like Domination, and other things which haven't even been thought of yet.

Hmm, maybe a score should have been given for each individual level, in my opinion some are worth 9.5/10 and some are worth 0.5/10 =p

Anyway, everyone tell me the levels that you think suck and I'll make sure they're MUCH better when I put it on cdrom.com :)

Map17 is already much improved ;)

Guest The Gemini

Nick, would u do me a favour and not include my map28? It wasn't really supposed to be included in the final release anyway... besides how long will it take to make a new map... :)

With the Skull Tag engine now, I could do Doom rocket-arena. With a few small changes, I could do it well. Also, most of you are probably not aware of this, but I created a working Skull Tag play mode within original ZDoom. It even included a special point system allowing you to buy weapons, items, or defend your base. It's not as efficient as it is now under the ST engine, but it can and has been done. It was how I got onto the ST team, actually. Anyway, do you think Id ever thought about Deathtag when they built Doom? Nope. There are always unexplored areas. There are tons of possibilities with the new ST engine, and I bet you can count on Tarin, Rick Clark and myself (among others) to figure them out.

Not really related, but the Headhunters Q3 mod team is apparently messing around with the idea of making a Doom version... although I bet it could already be done in Skulltag :)

Wow...CTF and Domination, wasent there some kinda mod called Doom Tournament that has that already?

Or..maybe I was dreaming?

Which pages give you 404's? And there is actually no map of the months page (correct me if I'm wrong).

NightFang: The next Skull Tag beta will be released next friday.
Aardappel: None of the .html files are used anymore, so you'll get broken links and stuff. Maybe I should delete them...

Well, I went ahead and tried to do Rocket Arena with Skull Tag. I'm almost there, but I need access to some console commands that are disabled in multiplayer for security reasons. Hey, here's an idea, Tarin, you want to team up sometime and just do cool new mods? With our ACS abilities and Skull Tag's versatility, we could do so much.

Ling, I'm not into the Q3 scene (never really liked it much...) and I'm not very familiar with headhunters. If it's what I think it is, though, I could do it. Maybe they'd like to have a chat with me? :)