Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

October 10... does that date sound familiar? If not, it ought to, as it's probably the reason you're here: exactly six years ago today, id Software unleashed Doom 2 unto the world. That's six years of mancubus-killing, Icon-of-Sinning, super-shotgunning action. SIX WHOLE FREAKING YEARS. And just think about everything which has happened in that time...

Guest Grul!

Wonder what Doom II wants as birthday present...?

:)

Guest Chris

.....I don't understand; what exactly has happened!??... I just don't seem to recall that anything has happened....Doom2, what is this man talking about!!??

:-)

Guest Dense13

... mmmh, nice day to release de 10 Sectors Megawad? ;)

Guest Wyvern

Happy birthday to DOOM II, and happy birthday to me!!! Well, tomorrow is, actually, but eh... Close enough. :)

Ah, the memories. I remember the first time I walked in on the Icon of Sin...

"Hey, what the hell- MOM, THERE'S A GOAT HEAD ON THE WALL!!! Oh, wait, oh OH! That's Satan! NEVERMIIIND!!!"

Took me 3 years to figure out how to kill him. Then I discovered No-Clip. ;) Oh and Doom is better than Doom 2 just so you know.

Guest Nuke

But this time it has come true :)
Born on October 10th 1984...
Hmm...seems like 10 years too early...

Happy Birthday all!

Especially You Doom2!

You rule so much more tham doom1 did!

And you are still the best game ever created!!!

Guest q.pixel[rex]

We sure could use a 7 Years of Doom this December ;-)

Guest Fear Keeper

Wow Did't realize it has been 6 years!

Man thats cool! And to top it off Doom2 still kicks Ass!

And always will:)

*G*

Guest Niptlar

but Doom is better imo, and realistically, the Doom release was a greater milestone than Doom II.

favorite
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 1
Doom II
Episode 4
least favorite/

I didn't really like many of the original levels in doom or doom2.
I liked the weapons, monsters, gameplay, and most of all, what I still love the most about doom, is that it's fun to expand on and create new doom realities.

Guest skatepunk

Damn! Has it really been 6 years? That's pretty old, and yet it still kicks quakes ass good and proper.

Guest Rocketpulse

Well thats one hell of a long term game playability, do you agree?

Guest Lt. Taggart

I do not like DooM 2 except for its TCPC abilities. Look at all the TCPC's in the works for DooM 2. The only good episode in DooM 1 is Episode 1. I just recently went into a relapse and started work on a few DooM 1 projects. I have had enough of trying to creates projects for DooM 2.

Guest Skarj

THE WINNER: "Doom"
Though there were a few things in doom2 that made it improve (double barrel, 'barrels of fun', and that 5 ton nightmare the mancubus. plus the other monsters - arachnatrons, ARCHVILES, hell knight, and i could have done without the pain elemental) (i hate souls) anyway, doom had the better atmosphere by far, and it stills 0wns d00m2 and 411 0f j00!!!

Guest Skarj

Lüt, no more posting for you till millenium is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Doom and Doom 2 both suck.

(I'm JOKING!!! I just wanted to see your reaction to me posting this on a website that specifically says Doomworld.)

Guest anonymous_user

only pac man got doom beat

Guest Caleb

yeah when i think of doom 2 i think of "a whole lot of waiting"

sorry doom community, but you people take too damn long

Guest Archvile46

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOM II!!!
I can still remember the first thing that went onto my "new" computer in 1994 was share ware Doom...followed by Doom II...followed by the full version of Doom. I still play through the games just for nostalgia's sake, remembering the first time I beat Episode One...those Barons freaked me out. From the first two former humans in Entryway to the Evil backwards-talking John Romero's head on a stick goat's head on the wall in Icon of Sin... Doom, you're a wonderful game.

Guest smola

I started playing Doom by accident and then it costed me my year at the university, but I never felt bad about it.
I wish everybody happy dooming for at least another 6 years.

6 years?? Damn... As far as I'm concered 1 and 2 are equal.

I remember the first time I played Doom was the shareware version in the local computer store in the back room. I've been fighting the nightmares since... :)

Doom2, even better. My older bro bought it and slapped it on his 486 50mhz... THAT was gaming...
Concerning maps, I was always very partial to Doom2 map2. That music kicks..

Now if we can pull off another 6 years, I think we can then say the Doom series was the best games ever produced... IMHO of course...

FREE HISSY!

and remember...