Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

SOG v1.1

A new version of the Quake2 mod SOG has been released, allowing players to play as their favorite character from Wolfenstein, Doom, to Quake2. Yes, news is sure slow today :)

try switching classes ingame. the items still stay the same and do not change to your character's preference. or bah. FP!

Guest Firebrandt

Uhm, the different 'items' are specific entities placed into the level to tie in with the theme of the level, they have nothing to do with *which* class you choose.

Wolf3D level = Wolf3D items
Doom level = Doom items

dig?

Guest Firebrandt

You get the Doom weapons but they give you the Wolf3D equivalent (Chaingun = Gatling Gun, Rocket Launcher = Bazooka, etc.).

err... idle?

You can pick up DOOM weapons with a wolfguy, but you get an equivalent, like Firebrandt said. You can never carry DOOM weapons as a wolfguy. If a wolfguy couldn't pick up any DOOM weapon at all, he would be pretty helpless on a DOOM themed map, right?

ok, listen. When I SWITCH, the external models that i pick up DO NOT CHANGE. once again, THE MODELS DO NOT CHANGE. Do this: press tab ingame and switch to another class. Kill yourself. Now youll spawn to the class you selected, but all item models will stay the same. get a clue.

moo.

Guest Firebrandt

Of course the models don't change--THEY ARE PART OF THE MAP! Wolf3D map = Wolf3D models
Got it?

heres a clue: when you switch classes, all the health items and etc are supposed to be that classes, correct? did you do what i said? no. its such a simple flaw to see. do what i said and youll see it.

Guest Firebrandt

THE ITEMS WILL STAY THE SAME NO MATTER WHICH CLASS YOU ARE! THAT'S HOW IT WAS PROGRAMMED.

On Doom maps, you get Doom weapons and items laying around. On Wolf maps, you get Wolf weapons and items laying around.

What class you are does not make a difference to this, it only changes the weapons when you are actually holding them.

Try playing a certain map as one class. Make a note of the weapons you see. Now quit, and start the same maps as another class. You'll see that it doesn't make any difference to what weapons are visible on the map.