Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The Mystery Of Frag.com

Back in April of this year, DOOM news site known as DoomNation went down unexpectedly. It turned out that its parent site, Frag.com had gone offline, supposedly to "change servers"... Months passed, and Frag.com never came back online. Foul play was cried out all over the land. The DOOM community mourned a great loss. Not only for the loss of the news site DoomNation, but for the hosted sites of DoomNation, as well as those of Frag.com...<p>... But now, Frag.com has returned. Its site has come back up, with this message. Does this mean that DoomNation and related sites may return? Probably not. But who knows what tomorrow may bring?<p>Update by Linguica: Frag.com has been back up with that message for a couple of months now, but whatever :)
Update by AndrewB: Oh drat, now I look like a fool.

Guest Kinoshkana

(1) DoomNation will be back. Unfortunately, everyone who worked on it has left, so it'll be wiped after about a week.
(2) Tomorrow will bring a 60% chance of showers, and will be partly crappy.
(3) I am retarded, SUCK IT

Guest Chris

I know this isn't at all related to this piece of news, but I don't know whereelse to post my question, so here goes:

What has happened to DoomShack.com?? It sure ain't Tha DooMShack which I'm used to seeing when I write www.doomshack.com!

Fuck frag.com man. They didn't even tell me and I ran one of their friggin' hosted sites. As for DN being back, who the hell knows, Zyfly's damn lazy about that sort of thing and, frankly, I could care less at this point.

Okay I'm done I think. Heh.

Guest PhunkyMonkey

One of the best Doom sites IMHO :-)

Guest fUnKyMoNk

ZyFly pissed off a lot people, he made a lot of money by screwing others out of it.

I talked to Hanif, he said that Zy lost his job and disappeared.

If doomnation.com is put back up, boycott it.

The entire lot of the frag.com staff, with the exception of Arlo, the CGI guy, pissed me off. Zyfly never responded to anything and I had to constantly pester him to set up hosted sites, a task which takes a few minutes (some, like Jon's, never even got set up, even after weeks of pestering). Hanif I never heard from except when he told me to clean up the updates or headlines or something and then he started complaining about Zyfly though I couldn't tell you if half the stuff was true since I heard Hanif is like 12 or something.

As for DD, if DN comes back I refuse to have any part of it, including DD. Besides, I could have easily moved DD to another server when frag.com went down, but I was pretty much fed up with the whole thing by then anyway. If you want to grab any of the old AVIs, though, they're at my page at http://cyb.alkali.org (shameless plug, muhaha) and stuff.

Guest fUnKyMoNk

well, nevertheless, zyfly has no business running something like frag.com. I think we can both agree on that.

Guest Pa3PyX

At least some news on DoomNation and DoomShack. Haven't used Internet at all this summer, when came back, they just weren't there... damn. DoomShack was hosted on the Shack Network, I believe? What happened to it, same thing as with Frag.com? And right now doomshack.com seems to have been taken by some other guy with all those *nix faqs on it...

What's in the box? COME ON! WHAT'S IN THE BOX!? WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX!? YOU LIE! YOU FUCKING LIAR!

Anywho, DoomNation is gone and I hope it doesn't return.