Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

The RTC Corporation

The dam is about to burst at the RTCDooM site, where news has been backing up for the past few days! In the recent news of which we've neglected to mention, two new members have hopped on to the RTC team! Some work has been done on the storyline, and the design of their site has been improved somewhat. As well, a new WAD has been released, entitled Digi-MortalBeta. Three DOOM-style maps, or so they say. Go see!

Guest Fear Keeper

Im the Project Leader! The project is for Doom 1, The Grapics are Doom 1.. I would think It would Doom 1 Style!

Doom influenced not Doom style. Lately, there has been so many "me too" releases of E1 style levels since the revival of the classic series. It may be a coincidence, but some authors have a real nerve to claim their levels are Doom style. Doom influenced? Yes. Doom style? No. Big difference with just one word.

I'm not picking on Fear Keeper or his levels either. This is a separate rant.

Guest Fear Keeper

As either you Guys DLed the wad yet?!!?

If you have not than Do so And if you don't think its Doom 1 style after seeing it Well than thats your Prob
not mine!

I agree with you Fish, and thanks alot for praisng my wad! I really appreciated that.

I thought these levels were pretty cool, but as Fish pointed out, not DOOM style at all. I hope these levels aren't finished, cause they're way too short! I thought the lights in level one in the outside area should have been sky... and the levels overall should be longer.... Another thing, what's with the light level value 170? Either needs to be 160, 176 or 192.... I don't think DOOM recognizes light values other than ones divisible by 16, but feel free to offer a counter to this.

BTW, anyone know how to set ZDOOM to behave as close to the original exe as possible? I seemed to have forgetten where I tweaked the behavior of the Rocket Luancher, and would like to get it back to normal....

Guest Fear Keeper

Thats The point The Levels Are ment to be small! They are fast levels to get through
If you want big levels wait for my other Project: Pir2 Those level are huge!

Pir2 Is a Doom2 TC

*G*

Hey! I just want to add. That all comments, flames, suggestions and such should go to Fear_Keeper, not me!

HES the project leader. If you want membership, go contact Fear ot Midnight Storm!

Nope noone has done it yet, but someone will ¦]

I can see some resembelance to E2 episode in Doom1. Like E2M5

But it's not doomstyle. BTW why is there only 3 maps. I mean they can only have taken a few minutes to make.

Guest Fear Keeper

Lets take a vote.....

All who like Digi Mortal say AI

All who Don't say NA

I bet I already know What the out come will be!

But it's not very classic doomish and if the level size is going to continue to be this small - it would have to be a 30 level episode rather than 9...

Guest Fear Keeper

I have an annocment....

Digi Mortal Will cover 3 Episodes

And yes Map size will get Bigger!

its not size what counts, but how you use it :p

anyway, i think its cool if theyre this short... overall a whole episode will be the same as 2 or 3 really big maps. thats cool, imo big megawads lose a bit of their magic cause you have to go through too much.

id say stick with the scheme youve been working on; small maps, theyre easier to handle and perfect... if you want to work more on them, then perfect item and enemy placement (the maps are too easy now), structural detail (as the maps are small detail cant be a problem), and texture/lighting use.

make 4 episodes with small maps throughout. finishing a whole megawad (if you play withou t cheats or saving, like any decent player does) is a lot of work.. so overall 36 maps, no matter how small, are gonna be enough.

Guest Fear Keeper

Ok level 4 of Digi Mortal is complete But Im not sure yet if it itself will be avaiable for download.....

*G*