Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Got Ballz?

There's a new mapping contest going on over at the, um, D*A*F*B*B*L*Z site, the aim of which is to make some csDoom-playable deathmatch WADs which don't make use of the plasma rifle or BFG.

well, when i am without BFG or plasma gun , that might be a problem. But i could use Rocket Launcher and supershot gun instead of them. BEside, i am kinda good at Rocket !
So, no problem ! !

What do U think , huh ?!

Guest Falconer

Is it true that the "Weapons Having Integrity, Not Energy" (WHINE) crowd will be protesting ID Software regarding energy weapons in the latest Doom engine?

I like DMing without the plasma or bfg. Or if you put in the plasma - put very little ammo for it and make it hard to get. BFG is a dumb weapon period.

Whar are weapons with integrity vs. weapons with energy? Wth is WHINE?

That is one of the coolest optical illusions I've ever seen... but I was so put off by the site I didn't bother investigating the details of the contest.

That guy's doing a megawad? /me bets it has no more than 10 levels as I don't think he can count past 10 without taking his shoes and socks off, then maybe he can count to 22 :)

Personaly I don't care about these lamers anymore. They started playing Doom, just because csdoom came out, and now they can play something. They will disappear in a short time anyway after nobody plays with them on those crap maps, and everybody is using BFG. It isn't a big thing to crush them neither in csdoom nor on ipx.

Btw. I would like to get on that site like another BFG lamer :) It would be a great feeling to be in that company.
Hey Zokum, I wonder how many lamers are going to make maps. I bet not too many, because the good wadauthors are smart enough not to create shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(you guys are just too funny (I mean you who complain about DAFBBLZ))

HAHA

Guest zokum

I'm gonna submit a map just for theheck of it. And about these guys being llamahs.... Try playing on Gothic deathmatch or other megawads on different skills. I think skill 1 is "without plasma and BFG" Maybe they'll steal some of those maps or rip some other maps and change em for the megawad. Loads of cdrom.com maps allow you to edit and change em.

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Look at the bottom of his website. he is complaining that the free hissy code won't work. Look at the page and see why... (don't laugh too hard)

Guest Niptlar

I mean, if the Plasma Rifle is too dominant, just hack a .deh file to make the weapon weaker.

Ya know, that site is obviously a big joke like Doom Damnit or something(but not as funny). Why are so many people taking this seriously anyway? It's clear the makers of the page don't really believe what they are saying. They are just out to get some laughs.

I'm going to have to agree with some earlier posts. This site has to be stopped. It's like a plague, keeping young minds from experiencing the total carnage that comes when blasting a BFG into a crowd of stunned players. And what of my beloved plasma rifle?? It's God's gift to campers!

Guest Captain Napalm

I have to agree the plasma gun is a very powerful weapon, maybe even the most powerful and it is a good idea to have some levels without the PG (plasma gun) but you can´t just say "The PG is too powerful!" or "All Energy weapons suck!" Because noramally Level design makes or breaks a weapon. For example in a level with lot´s of confined spaces´, using the rocket launcher is very difficult. Or in a level with loads of hiding spots, the BFG loses a lot of power. So you see don´t blame the tools, try to look for things in the level first.
Or there is always the possibilty you just plain suck :P

Guest Griever

What a Goddamn idiot... How can anyone be that stupid!? I've heard of 'em, I've seen 'em on CS-Doom and Quake servers, but this is a new low... I'm surprised the moron had the brain capacity to learn basic HTML... Blue text on a black background.. "133+"-speak spamming... ArrrggHHHhhgggg....

/me jumps through the screen, crashes through the llama's monitor, wraps his hands around the furry fucker's throat and shakes him back and forth wildly

SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! AAAAARRGGG!!!!

Guest Captain Napalm

I just realized something. At first I thought this was a joke and no one would take it seriously, but if it´s one thing I have learned, it´s: "Some people take everything seriously!" -Bill Watson
Now I´m not even sure anymore. Is this some fucking joke or not?!

Guest Pr0jectJ

I've played Doom forever now and I have to agree... I really don't care for the BFG, or the plasma gun. I rarely never use it myself. My thought is that if I can't kill it with a double barrel shotgun (I don't care how many shots it takes) then it ain't worth killing. Plus doesn't it show more skill to be able to kill stuff without without extravagant weapons that kill instantly (quickly)? Hell there's nothing better than killin' Cacodemons with the chainsaw!!! =)

If I ever get dehacked figured out I'll do away with the BFG in my own WADs.

On a side note... that guy is some little kid... probably 14 years old or something. Why are you all so worried about what some kid says? We shouldn't be so affected by it. Everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion and if you're one of the people that that guy attacked, well then you can either ignore him for being a little kid or you can vent your anger here.

J

Oh come on, of course this is a joke. It's obvious, right down from the site design to the JeffK wannabe style spelling and grammar.

Hell, it's probably Zokum himself behind all this.

Guest DooMWiz

I can't even believe the amount of negative reaction to this site. If you had half a brain cell, you would realize that it is only a joke. To Maonth and anyone else who believes the site should be banned, you obviously have not heard of free speech and the limitless potential of the Internet...or maybe you were being sarcastic? Gawd, people, can't you take a joke? =]

Aint a joke supposed to be like uhmmm FUN?
What the fuck is wrong with the BFG?
Fagg off and join the idiots!
The DooM community is small enough as it is. Why do people still try to rip us apart?

Oh Yeah! The Thing about BANNING the page is sorta just, IGNORING IT! Besides. That page talks bad about people, and i do not tolerate that!

The idiot who made the design aint really a doom fan at all. Hes propably a Quake lamer, who desided to try CSDooM. Then he found out he sucked at it. Caus´' all us Doomers rule, and use the BFG. That made an impression in his tiny idiotic brain! I dont think this guy has played more doom than a couple o hours! And he even called HISSY a Pain Elemental? Uhmmm. I dont like people putting up personal mails or other stuff like that on their pages without the approval of the other guy. This is one of the reasons im not sure if i want Doom3 or not! Doom3 would make people come to the community. That means MORE idiots like him! And dont give me that smart-ass-line "Its just a joke. Cant you take a joke?" NO. I cant take a JOKE, when its THAT bad, and when Its DooM were talking about. I want Doom to live forever. But its people and pages like THIS guy, who makes us dissappear!

Guest Excalibur_Z

Hey sure! Why don't we start making levels that don't feature the SSG either? That's the next most powerful in line... maybe after that, then the rockets! Then maybe the chaingun and shotgun! Then that cursed chainsaw!

</sarcasm>

Really people, you can't just go around eliminating a whole category of ammo. If this is in fact a joke, it's a bad one, because you can bet the people complaining about the BFG is csDoom will opt to create wads that fit this description, and even go so far as to name it "AntiBFG3.WAD" and such.

Guest cocoon

read all posts about the site being a joke, then read them again and again and again until you get the message. joke.

Guest Fear Keeper

Leave Maonth alone....He is right. If this is a joke than we are not amused!

Guest cocoon

hush you, it gets tired to liten to him being serious about something so irrelevant