Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Widest Engines

That's right, we have a big huge update, over at the Skulltag site! What's today's big news? Nothing less than a new site design! A healthy fusion of teal and black, designed by the one and only, Cyb! ... A new look isn't the only thing happening over at Skulltag. It seems they're launching a contest of some sort! Your job is to come up with a nifty description of what Skulltag is. A tagline, so to speak. The prize? It's undisclosed, but all the more exciting that makes it! So while you're there, stop off and speak your mind about the new site design on their new and improved poll system. Enjoy your visit!

Guest zokum

Looks cool, but not "fuity" enough for MY taste :)

It's generally OK, but some parts are terrible. The old design looked better.

However, this one seems to be a lot more handy.

the design *almost* completely works in mozilla, and it works in IE and nutscrape, excellenté

Guest IcarusWing

But I like the old animated logo... ah, well. Generally cool. I'll have to try and outdo it with my next site design.

Oh, yeah, everyone go flame www.complain-now.com, but don't tell them I sent you. I designed the site and they screwed me. Remember, no mentioning of my name.

To: olj@brighton.ac.uk
Date sent: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:09:55 +0100
Subject: complain-now.com
Copies to: jon@frad.org
Priority: normal

Man that site design sucks.

Guest BLAZE

remarkable design that!
hey, it's got a side bar a logo and a bit where some "news" goes.
I for one have never seen that before.

Icarus Wing, if you want to have fun with them, make a game of how you want everyone to flame the place.

Tell everyone to use the word "sausage" in a subtle and creative way, which is to say you don't put "sausage" in the subject line and you don't just say "sausage". You work it into what looks like a normal sentence.

After they get four dozen e-mails with the word sausage strategically placed inside of them, they're really going to wonder.

Here's an example "What kind of a site are you running there? You people have the mentality of a half-eaten italian sausage. What are you trying to prove?"

I'll send that one. Try to encourage others to do something similar.

I like that sausage idea! :)

How exactly did they screw you? (I won't send flames unless they're warranted...)

Risen: Icarus said he designed the site. Do you see his name credited anywhere?

well I'm ok, the site design kinda does suck. Firstly they say they use 'cutting edge macromedia products' which means they a) can't write real web pages, and b) suck. And c) if so they went to the trouble of ripping out the generator meta tag, wtf is up with that, its there for a reason damnit! also they have no doctype, it doesn't scale...

Guest Demi|inX

Doesn't grog cause ulcers?

Ignore these idiots, man, the site looks awesome. Ignore the complaints about "not being flash-based and macromedia" and crap, it's a freaking DOOM-ENGINE page, I mean it's not like he is going to waste 5 years on it. The site is perfect.

Now, how do I start a client-server game in Skulltag and enable someone to join?

Whoops. Guess you're right, NM.
So, Icarus, how exactly did they screw you?

Oh, actually I think they were talking about the site that screwed Icarus over. But hey, glad you like the new design so much. I'm liking it a lot myself, too :)

Icarus: BTW, I really like the current design you've got. The Q3A doomguy stuff is especially cool. But hey, there's always room for improvement.

Guest Confusion

Nah, the old design was better. Less linear seeming, somehow...or something along those lines. Sort of wider seeming. And it didn't have a black background. Oh how boring black backgrounds are. Innovate, somebody innovate.

Yeah, black bgs do suck.

The original was black on teal if it makes you feel any better, Confusion, but Carn told me to change it and stuff so I did.

And stuff.

in my pants

Guest q.pixel[rex]

I think Team Parrallel asked for a new design from me...*grinz*

I think black is a good color for a page background - it reduces retinal fatigue if it's not used with too high contrast and/or too many colors. It does tend to be overused, though...

Guest Skarj

I had a small prob when i went to the site:
i have "download demon" (like gozilla, download program) and when i went to the page it busted out and tried to download like 8 .png files at once, it went insane and crashed, thats all

Suggestions for moto:

Skulltag-"The tagging of skulls"

or

Skulltag-"Mean bots"

or

Skulltag-"The fire-arm assisted tagging of
skulls ....on crack!"

and last

Skulltag-"Crack in .zip form" or something
any other suggestions?

Skulltag-

Skull Tag - UT on Crack