Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Fyre's Pit has the sad news that Mike "Fyrestorm" O'Neal, who has worked on projects like Twice Risen and Skulltag, has been diagnosed with a tumor behind his left eye which will turn into an incurable type of ocular cancer if not removed, but the surgery to remove which stands a 50/50 chance of causing total vision loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Fyre, and hopefully you'll pull through this...

Guest WadEd

You really dont relise how serious incidences such as this are untill it happens to you or someone you know. I wish him all the best. Good luck Mike.

Guest Excalibur_Z

Good luck, friend. Here's hoping all goes well - best wishes for a safe recovery from surgery.

I dunno. what to say about this, but...

I hope to see ya online in december.

Like Brad said. -We're rooting for ya, Fyre...

What would truly be worse is if the tumor turns out to be inoperable. :(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mike.

Being almost totally blind in one eye myself, I can sympathise.

Good luck in the operation...

Guest The Mole

I... I dont know what to say. I really hope they will remove that tumor and Mike comes back OK. Good luck.

I really hope you do not lose half your vision or your life, Fyre.

You better back here in 2 months at the most. We need doomers like you to continue the legacy of making addons for DOOM and DOOM2 :).

That would just suck if you could only see with one eye... :(

*Virgil*

I don't care what the atheists think - I'm going to post this here anyway.

I'll be praying for you. Best of luck with the surgery, God will pull you through whatever the outcome.

Guest The Gemini

Ahhhhh damnit, and i thought this was about the 10-sector contest... giddy up ling.

Anyway, apparently his doctor has advised Fyre not to look at any CRTs (including monitors and TVs) in the near future. So even if his surgery goes as planned, we might not see him again. :(

Guest Striker

I just realized when staring at my laptop, there's laptops with their liquid crystal screens. Anyway the point is a laptop does not have a cathode ray tube so therefore it wouldn't be harmful. And now I've seen moniters for desktop computers as well with the same sort of screen so that would be cool as well.

And the NERVE of you ling, torturing that poor ol' cacodemon by putting it on a turntable. =Þ (looking at the spinning free hissy icon)

this is one of the most shocking pieces of news I have ever heard over the internet, second only to news of dead friends. Good luck fyre, the #doom crew are with you all the way.

the idea with the laptop has given me freedom to get online again. i want to thank everyone for their support. im quite surprised to see so many people praying for me. once again, thanks to everyone...
3 days and counting

You know what's gay? What the hell is with a "50/50" chance? "Well, kids, it depends on if the doctors and I just got off lunch break and are in a good, precise mood, or of it is 11 a.m. and we are in a hurry, kapische?" Yeah, yeah, I know, my logic is flawed, but seriously!

My neighbor had a cat that got a disease that made it's eye get bigger and bigger until it's skull was cracking and they put the cat to sleep!

I wear glasses!

Good luck, Fyrestone! May the god that I do not believe in be with you! And remember:

I hope everything turns out ok. I haven't been to church in years, but I will say a prayer anyway :)

Guest Confusion

Is Fyrestorm a theist?

Guest Medieval_Gnome

I don't know what to say. Fyre it up, perhaps?

Guest skatepunk

I'm with you all the way buddy.

Guest MetOfDooM

I know his odds are slim to come out of this unscathed, but I, the REoL TOUGH Home Office, and our fans, want to wish Fyre the best of luck, and to beat the odds.

Get well, and God speed.

Amen.

Apparently he made it out of the operation OK. Not sure about his eyesight though. Will keep everyone updated.

Apparently Fyrestorm will be fine. He can see out of both eyes, according to his girlfriend who is keeping us informed on IRC in #doom on OPN.

Guest MetOfDooM

HE BEAT THE ODDS!
GREAT!
Now to keep things that way....