Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Motley Cruor

Guest Firebrandt

A while back I ripped the weapon graphix from the old alphas on cdrom.com and reinserted them into the game using EDGE's ddf. Might release them as a standalone patch one of these days but if anybody has any level(s) or project these could profit I'd be happy to send them to you. I would much rather see them actually be used than distributing them in a boring 6k zip.

Guest Confusion

[...]however, they are a good nostalgic back at 1993 for those who haven't seen them before.

"they are a good nostalgic"? What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Guest Gorc

Whenever I look at old screens of this old Doom, I think how cool it would be to have the RPG elements in the game. An example:

You find a door that is locked. It needs the hand print of a demon/alien commander to open it. You explore for a while, killing demons. You find the commander, but he is too strong for you're feeble human weapons. You escape and explore further, and find a sacred artifact, the 'Heart of Lothar'. You explore more, but you only find a wall detailing the heart being used as a weapon. You get the idea to use 'The Heart of Lothar' on one of you're weapons. That weapon is now powerful enough to kill the commander. You kill him, steal his hand, and open the locked door by useing the 'Commanders Hand' on the hand print control panel. It works. Behind the door you find a sandwich. You take it, and eat it. The level ends.

Well, its a bit crap but it would still be interesting to see. Firebrandt, I suggest converting them to Hexen format, so whomever uses them can make use of these puzzles elements. Hexens puzzle items 'Heart of Dsparil' and the 'Death Masks' can be replaced with 'Heart of Lothar' and 'Commanders Hand' respectively. The 'Sandwich' can replace one of the health items. It'd be a hit!

I'm sure interested in them. In fact, I was planning on inserting the graphics from the Bayonet into the deathmatching part of my Doom64 project, instead of the boring fist. Please send them to me!

Guest Ike654

two questions:
1. Doom64 project? Are you converting the 64 game to pc?!?
2. Is there a way to make the old HUD gfx work in Doom? I can get the actuall HUD, but when I put it in STBAR, the game crashes.

There is already a wad out there somewhere by Sparky of Kiss software called alpha guns. It features the graphics of the guns from the alpha version (duh) and quite a few other graphics that didn't make it as far as the release version. I think the name of the zip is Alph04g.zip, but I don't know a link for it.

Also for other functional nostalgia, remember to check Lee Killough's source port MBF which features a beta mode that has the pre release functionality of the bfg encoded into it and the old style lost soul that never made it to release either, as well as a few other things.

I would love to see a doom64 wad. Any kind of timescale on the project?

Guest Firebrandt

Looks like Sparky beat me to it. :)

Sir Fragsalot: You might as well dl this one, since it basically contains the same stuff (plus some sprites I hadn't extracted yet).

Guest Battle_Zealot

Well, where is the rest of the pics??
hi said that the guys found like 30 pics nd i can see like 5 of them.....

I am pretty sure you can dl the zips with the pics in from ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/historic/

There are a few old versions of doom in there too.

Thanks mate,
the cheque for your promotional services is in the mail. There's nothin' wrong with your memory, is there?

BTW, if anyone out there can run Yadex (a Unix level editor), I'd love to be able to extract the Alpha 0.4 maps and add them to Alpha Guns ...hint, hint ;)

(Andre, if you're reading this... despite your brilliant sales pitch, I never did get around to ditching Win95)

A similar discussion appeared on the Zdoom forum at about the same time, so I have been pimping over there too :-)

I just like Alpha guns, and still fire it up every now and again. I have all the alpha and beta versions that are available to download, but they are a little quirky/buggy to play and I can't get most of the graphics out - can't run yadex and most other utils don't support them fully - so quite a lot of the stuff you put in Alpha guns I hadn't seen before.

Nice.

We have no less than three new hosted sites to introduce today, so I'll get to it. Our first new addition is Evomo Cruor, a new Doom mod team comprised of deadnail, Dashiva, Hellspawn, and Zaldron, who are currently working on an 8-level ZDoom deathmatch pack entitled "Blood and Lead." Check out their site for more info.