Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

The Fish Surfaces

Heh I thought that was REoL's fuct map... must be a common name.

(?)

Hey Andrew, would there be a way to link to the file's corresponding txt file? It's a wee bit of a hassle to copy the link, paste it, change the file extension, and hit enter.. that's at least 8 keystrokes when giving us the link would be one click..

Yes, I agree, I am a lazy, lazy son of a bitch. Sorry.

Guest Captain Napalm

This is amazing! I was thinking the exact same thing. Wow! From now on I´m just gonna call you "Soulbuddy". :)
So whatcha doing this friday Soulbuddy. :)

Guest Captain Napalm

Well...errr...this is...intresting...
I wouldn´t exactly call it a master piece Ling but it has some good points. But why are there like only 5 enemys in this level :(
I mean...come on. One can have atmosphere and still have loads of enemys. (See aliens doom for details)

AOTW -- not bad at all. It's like HalfLife for Doom. not fast and furious at all.

Fuct -- I liked level 1. easy and fun to play. definitely worth playing. A little sparse on the monsters though.
Map02, otoh, is kinda silly. waaay to big to be fun at all. not intuitive at all on where to go. and light levels under 100 are somewhat objectionable...

Fast and furious is getting a little old and boring. Do any of you guys actually use any of those e-mail links, anyway?

Well, when I played aotw it felt like "The House on Haunted Hill" Very freaky movie by the way. (Scared the shit outta me!)
Although the begining was a little on the difficult side I think. There should have been more scream sounds in the map, I only heard one.

Yes, this is one great map. The best map? Nah, but very very good, and creepy too!

Plus I really liked the new Chainsaw graphics. Bloody...

p.s. How the hell do you get the red key from the hole?

Guest Ike654

For some reason, I really like this wad. It's so damn fun!

Yes. Aotw is very good. Thing is though, I can't complete the level. It's just too hard (for me anyway). It's way too long to keep trying multiple times. If the author fine tunes this level to improve it's playability then it will indeed be bad ass :)
Someone should send this level to Fiffy. Show him what can really be accomplished with a 2500+ sector count :)

<<I mean...come on. One can have atmosphere and still have loads of enemys. (See aliens doom for details)>>

Aliens doom did it very well, I agree. Some of the hive areas almost had me screaming "they're coming out of the God damn walls". But remember, one of the most atmospheric scene setting levels that have ever been released was the first level. The one that has no enemies at all. All you get is a few voice overs about the level looking like it has "hits from small arms fire", and ending up with "Sir, whatever happened here, I think we missed it". Brilliant.

For further atmosphere I recommend playing aliens doom with the aliens soundtrack in the cd player and the lights down low.

Game over man.

Aliens DooM was brilliant.

What I want to know is: HOW did Justin Fisher manage to make and release Aliens DooM, without Fox suing him for everything he owned, including his soul?

Guest Confusion

Teletubbies isn't a cartoon, it's real actors.

Aliens Doom was pretty much the first of it's kind (i.e. a game add-on based on a copyrighted property), so there wasn't any precedent when it came out.

They did, however, order any site they found it on to get rid of it. I'm not sure how or why it's still on cdrom.com though...

Guest Captain Napalm

E-Mail? What´s an E-Mail :)
To answer your question,
no not really. but it is a nice touch!

Guest Captain Napalm

Hell yeah Aliens doom rocked!
First and I maybe even the best mod I´ve played so far. And I agree the first level was cool but mainly because you thought the aliens would pop up around the corner. Cool stuff.

Guest Omniverse

Have any of you guys played Silent Hill? Really freaky shit. This level had the same feel to it. Also I couldn't get it to run in ZDoom until I opened up the DEH and removed the cheat code stuff. I hate it when maps hide cheat codes, let the cheaters cheat, who cares?

Guest Malice

Actually I change the cheats so that I can type them in quicker so that I can test the map easier. Since Im updating AOTW, I'll be sure to change them back this time.