Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Hexen/heretic DM+coop levels

OK, so soon theres gonna be Heretic and Hexen DM available for zdaemon and zdoom, so I just want to know:

What do you think are some good deathmatch and Co-op levels for Hexen and Heretic?

Can't remember what number it is, but I used to love the "Cathedral" (I think that was it) map for Heretic in DM. It's got loads of cool hiding places if I remember correctly. As for Hexen, I'm not sure because I only have to shareware version.

MaTT [TiK] said:
Can't remember what number it is, but I used to love the "Cathedral" (I think that was it) map for Heretic in DM. It's got loads of cool hiding places if I remember correctly. As for Hexen, I'm not sure because I only have to shareware version.

Yeah I have the shareware too, and the Cathedral is a good map for DM.

But seriously, what are some good DM levels in Hexen?

RailGunner said:

how the hell can you have dm with only 4 WEAPONS!

There are only 4 weapons?! I thought there were more in Hexen than in Doom. You sure you haven't also got the shareware version?

Spiked gauntlet
Timon's axe
Hammer of retribution
Quietus

Sapphire wand
Frost shards
Arc of death
Blood scourge

Mace of contrition
Serpent staff
Firestorm
Wraithverge

But only 1 set each I think

Fluffy Tedster said:

So does that mean that next ver of zdaemon will support Hexen and Heretic?

Cool if it does, i know where i can get both those games.

neither is free.

Yeh as in i can buy them at a throw away price from somewhere i know. jeez.

So will Heretic/hexen have support from zdaemon or something then? Will they have client/server and all that stuff?

I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive, Fluff. Hah, I already have Heretic :p Hexen, on the other hand, I still need (the full version of). I think I know where you're planning to er... "buy" it from.

Heretic has some dm-specific levels, I think.
HeXen has none. Unless you create your own, it's not very fun dming in HeXen. The game is really meant for single play or co-op.

Fluffy Tedster said:

So will Heretic/hexen have client/server support and plenty of servers like Doom matt? Nobodys answered my question yet.

I dunno, but since Insomniac did say Heretic and Hexen would be available for ZDaemon, and ZDaemon is a clent/server multiplayer-only source port, I guess that's what's gonna happen. At least I hope it is.

And Fluffy, where've you been for the last few weeks? I even added my own avatar and you weren't here to see it :(

Woo hoo heretic and hexen with client/server support. This teddy is pleased.

Oh you know Matt ive bin doing this and that, its a busy life being the ruler of Tedsville you know 8-)

Nice avatar by the way.

Fluffy Tedster said:

Oh you know Matt ive bin doing this and that, its a busy life being the ruler of Tedsville you know 8-)

Hmmm, riiiight ;)

Fluffy Tedster said:

Nice avatar by the way.

Fluffy Tedster said:

So insomniac whats the date for the release of this zdaemon with support for hexen and heretic?

Go ask Night-Fang

You should know by now that people in the Doom community usually don't set release dates, and if they do, they never meet them :)

NiGHTMARE said:

You should know by now that people in the Doom community usually don't set release dates, and if they do, they never meet them :)

Alien Vendetta!

(Though it was basically completed when the release date was set)