Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Sheer Chaos

The Chaos Crew has the news that their Caverns of Darkness project has entered its fourth year of production, but the end is in sight. Apparently 10 of the 12 levels are totally finished, and only a few minor things are needed before the WAD is wrapped up and released. There are also some really great screenshots of Chris Lutz's "Phobos: Anomaly Reborn" project for you to drool over.

Guest Firebrandt

Sweet =)

...thanks, I suppose. I don't know exactly what you guys are responding to (the reasonably imminent release of Caverns of Darkness or the screenshots), but thanks nonetheless.

Forget cranes.

CHOO CHOOS.

And tracks! But where are the ties? There had better be railroad ties. Ties are key.

Is this the same guy who made a series of levels (with a remarkably similiar name) containing a lot of these see-thru textures a few years ago? There was a radio tower you could enter, and power cables. It was excellent, visually.

Lutz, you ARE the man.

I love you :)

Now hurry up to finish those Phobos maps, I need another hit after playing the first a couple of times over.

You're thinking of Pleiades by Roger Ritenour, who also made Earth (the .wad, not the planet :) ).

Just scanned through the images - that's some of the best Doom level architecture I have ever seen... Very impressive.

I don't know much about this project (I tend to lose interest in long mod projects) - does it require a source port, or is it vanilla Doom?

-Dan

P:AR will require BOOM/MBF or a compatible port. There aren't a whole lot of strictly source port features (deep water, moving floors, etc.), but there are some. The big reason you need a port is so that the restrictions on the number of verts and sidedefs are removed. I use a LOT of them.

Thanks for that link. I played these levels a while back in their pre Zdoom format. I was impressed back then. The Zdoom enhanced version is very nice.

Not that anyone is going to read this at this point, but the first four levels of P:AR have been released. Go to the Chaos Crew page to download them.

Guest Busted Corpse

er.... I got a invalid zip file thingy when I tried to download it. screenies look cool though, and Lutz's Inferno replacement (especially level 1) is a work of art