Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Fanatic Results

Midis converted to MP3s for what? The ease of download? Damn soundfonts... Hate the sound of midi, get a decant sound card!

Law: it's not really easy to put spoken comments in a midi file, is it?

Anyways, this is great! I love the idea of commenting the songs! I hope there will be more songs next time... too bad I've got no midi skills :/

Guest Fanatic

It's not regular MIDI. So I recorded them using the custom sound fonts I put together so everyone can hear them, and also decided at the last moment to do commentary on them, like a radio show.

And also because I want to. :P

Guest Hellspawn

That's some kick ass stuff there... I'm almost glad I didn't get around to exporting to Midi... mine sucked. Well, it wasn't THAT bad... but it sounded like something off of WaveRace...

Guest Fanatic

That's the point of the class. Write something, use the other MIDI's people sent in to examine.

Just like WAD editing, see how someone else did it, and utilize that knowledge in your project with your own style.

Download the zip file, it has the MIDI's in them. Open them up and give them a good look over. You might come up with some good ideas.

I'm just annoyed, because I have a good midi sound card, but no sound font support. I wanted to enter, you see. Oh whaa!

Guest Fanatic

Use the GM sounds. There is a table on the class page at my site that lists the patches in the sound font, and the GM instrument you can use in place of them.

when I record your song as MP3, I'll rework it to use my sound font bank. It's rather interestnig to hear how everyone comes up with such different stuff with the same sounds too. :)

Guest Hellspawn

Yeah... I usually write so much better, though. And I don't stray much from basic instruments, either... I usually use guitar, but lately it's been piano, drums, maybe some strings, and bass. It's helped my writing on guitar to do that... chord progressions, fingerpicking patterns, basic grungy riffs, whatever... this midi just turned out as such an abandonment of my normal style... it was just... not me.

Ahh, wicked. Okay, count me in for da next one. Expect nothing else but techno!

Guest MrHarmony

So, you're already up running! (I thought it was just the other day I saw that thread... :-) Cool stuff.

I'm a little late, but I might give the current class (2) a try. Maybe my girlfriend will too...

Guest Fanatic

Check the class out, dunno how you're gonna do techno with some of the instruments I'm selecting for you. :)

Remember, the classes are also to get you to use instruments you aren't used to using. So be prepared to try new things.

I've already received the first submission for class 02, and it's very different.

Guest MrHarmony

I've heard techno based on percussion sounds only... Why not other instruments only? ;-)

But seriously, it does sound weird - probably in the litteral sense as well! :-)

yeah, right. I just noticed the instruments involved. Hmmm, best get stoned and ask Bob for guidance!