Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Speedmapping Reminder

Don't forget, Doomworld's 6th weekly [url="http://www.doomworld.com/speedmapping/" target="_blank"]Speedmapping[/url] activity happens tomorrow at 20:00 GMT, or 8:00 PM. If you're not sure what time that will be in your zone, simply take a look at [url="http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Blah/d/0/java" target="_blank"]this clock[/url], and when it reaches 20:00, you'll know it's time to start mapping! For more details, visit the [url="http://www.doomworld.com/speedmapping/" target="_blank"]Speedmapping[/url] page.

Guest Grebes None

For the American players he means "The big hand will be on 12 and the little hand on 8"

Guest UAC

We will find you.

Guest Grebes None

You pussies just better go fix your holo network and console private Pierce on his recent loss, we are Legion

Guest Kinoshkana

For the American players, he means:

If you live on the West Coast, the little hand will be on the 12.

On the East Coast? The little hand will be on the 3.

West of the Great Plains? 1.

The rest of yyou sad basrads will be on at 2.

Guest Frag me

Its 4 pm here.

Guest Captain Napalm

Due to a misunderstanding on Andrew´s side (to put it midly) I had a whole 30 mins to complete my level. Woohoo. :P Mine´s the Doom 1 one.

For those that care, Week 6 of my Speed Map Radio Real Audio show has been posted. Also you should be able to listen to it right from the site, if you open the URL in RealPlayer. If Tripod fudges it up I'll post the zip file for ya.

Nah, was no misunderstanding. I felt that "make the best last level for Doom 2" was really, really not specific enough, and I had to add something to it. But now that I look at it, requiring a demon spawner was a bad idea. I'll bed most mappers don't even know how to make a demon spawner. Even I don't know how. And it still doesn't narrow your options enough to induce creativity. Remember, at first I simply pasted the text file that Linguica directed me to, but mappers were already showing their outward contempt at the theme, referring to it as "The revenge of the sucky themes" or something of that nature.

Guest Skarj

..is my map, not map11. Just clarification here.

Guest BlackTerror

I just picked a demon spawner by luck.

Napalm, how'd his requirement make you lose 70 minutes?

Guest Captain Napalm

I thought the theme really sucked, but then Ling came and cleared things up, by that time I was kinda still deciding and then Ling said: "Extra 30 mins" so I went for it.
:P