Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

John Romero Interviewed At Doom Center

As a part of the feature for the fifth day of Doom Center's Episode One mega-feature, Bigdog has posted an interview he had with John Romero, the designer of most of the levels of Doom's Knee Deep in the Dead. This interview can be found here, and if you're still interested in that autographed poster, the link for that contest is available here.

Oh wow, wouldn't that be amazing, if John Romero went out and learned DeepSea and made us a new Episode 1-style level? I know that would definitely allow me to forgive him for his little Daika-crappa project. I'll bet people would start arguing over whether it's truly Episode 1-style, too.

I agree -- there probably would be a lot of hubbub concerning whether or not the level was "really a true Romero E1 level" or not. Regardless, should it materialize, I will play it and most likely enjoy the Hell out of it...but I can also see a lot of bitter (and ultimately pointless) debates concerning pedigree and the like.

Still, John -- give us a chance to huff and puff about trivial matters. Please?

Guest Oniko

I'd play the map, but I just know that when I do, Romero's going to instantly make me his bitch...

Guest lucifer

fuck episode 1.
he should make a episode 4 styled level.

Guest Captain Napalm

I wonder if Mr. Romero will detail his levels more this time around. I hope not to be honest, but a little more texture alignment coudnĀ“t hurt ;)
No but seriously, make a huge, fun level please Mr. Romero.

I suppose deus ex and aracronox aren't enough to compensate for daikatana and that game that I forget the name of?

As Romero had nothing whatsoever to do with either of these two games, the answer would be 'no'.

Guest BlackTerror

At least that half of Ion Storm decided to split into its own company and make sequels of its best games.